SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
goskate612

A Couple Wallies

These are my first two shots since getting flashes. I'm still trying to get the feel for flash power and placement. Let me know what you think!

Nolan Lydon

12148127944_34334ee4a3_z.jpg

Dane Reynolds

12333537365_77c0b530e6_z.jpg
  • Like 2

Digging the first one a lot, exposure is on point. How many flashes did you use for the shot? The second is a bit more distracting with the shadows and white window. Personally, I think it would look better if you timed it a bit earlier, I couldn't tell it was a wallie at first.

• Like 1

Thanks, for the first shot I used three flashes, which kinda bums me out because I still couldn't get a decent rim light on him.

In the second one I really don't like the shadows either but I wanted to keep the sticks in the shot to help the construction vibe come through. If I could shoot it again I'd probably move that flash so the border of the window isn't getting hit with direct light and maybe do something about those sticks. As for the timing, I tried shooting some earlier but it just didn't look as good in my opinion, and this was more of a roller than a wallie so I guess I thought it would work.

Thanks for the crit!

As for the timing, I tried shooting some earlier but it just didn't look as good in my opinion, and this was more of a roller than a wallie so I guess I thought it would work.

Maybe you should try to shoot it off to one side more to show that its a roller, or have him kinda pop of the front of it. Shooting it straight on flattens it out a lot

Good job lighting the first one, I assume it was a little bit reflective and thats tough to not get hot spots

Maybe you should try to shoot it off to one side more to show that its a roller, or have him kinda pop of the front of it. Shooting it straight on flattens it out a lot

yeah that was one of my main concerns with it, when I showed one of my roommates he thought it was a weird lipslide at first. that one was a quick setup since it was in a residential neighborhood at night so I just went with the first decent comp I found. hopefully my stuff will be getting better in the future.