SkatePerception
jay.

Lets Talk Roommates

I'll bite.

Freshman year of college, I got a Filipino kid who played a lot of starcraft and similar games. The whole floor agreed he was kind of odd. He wasn't hard to live with, other than the high speed mouse clicking. He was just weird.

Second year I got a kid who was pretty much hank hill, or bobby. I tried talking to him, and got like one word answers all day. He also seemed to have no music preference whatsoever, except mainstream country. So I felt weird playing anything I like. He never left the room and just watched sports on tv, all the time. I also believe he had only one t shirt, one pair of jeans and that's it. He wore them every day. It was a plain pair of blue jeans and a red phillies t shirt. Also not hard to live with, but again, he was kind of odd.

No roommates currently, and I'm fine with that for now. At least I never got some crackhead or some noob who comes back drunk as fuck while I'm trying to sleep at four in the morning.

• Like 1

current roommate is some uninteresting hispanic kid from california. Mostly keeps to himself. Easy to live with. All around a really lame person though.

His "catchphrase" is yeah that's not too bad

HE SAYS IT TO ANYTHING I SAY

yeah dude just got word that classes are cancelled tomorrow -> that's not too bad

man the girls around here are all prude -> well it's not so bad

I've got a 6 hour shift in an hour -> that's not so bad

He never really leaves the room that we share hahaha it sucks actually he sleeps all day which is weird. I think he lacks positively and motivation, or he could be depressed, which is why maybe he refers to everything in terms of how bad it is, not actually how GOOD certain things in life can be

whatever, I just wish he left more often because it gets annoying as hell that I KNOW he'll be here anytime I head back to the room for whatever reason. He has no friends, doesn't talk to anyone, doesn't go out to meet people. Not "weird" just a really dry personality that irks me a little.

At least he's not some stuck up prick, a frat douche, or a disgusting individual. Keeps things fairly clean.

• Like 2

I live alone...I could live with a few people, but overall rather live alone. No one here to badger me, but at the same time there isn't anyone here to talk to.

• Like 1

i live with 7 dudes, it was 8 but one fucked us over because he suddenly decided he didn't wanna live in this city anymore 1 month into the contract. now it's 6 months down the line and we only just found out he hasn't been paying rent and we've all gotto pay off HIS debt because it's a joint tenancy. He was one of my homeys too, the only other dude in my house that skated. My advice would be to always only get single tenancy contracts so you're only paying for your room and can move out whenever you like.

I would compare my living situation to an apartment with a mother (me) and three 10 year old spoiled rich kids who don't like being told to do their chores. Not to mention the level of irresponsibility of these self centered idiots. I have come home from working all night or at a party or whatever, and it's around 2 am and the stove or oven has been left on all night. Ovens and stoves being left on for hours at end, or even over long weekends.

Not to mention they all refuse to clean and just say "fuck it" or "shit happens" when they break something of mine (almost every furnished item or dishware/cooking item is mine, they break them constantly and do nothing to replace or apologize for the destruction of my personal items)

Sure the little things get to me like when we have a coat hanger and shoe rack and they never use them, they just throw their shit on the floor or on the broken couch. Or when two of my room mates INSIST that you're not supposed to use the rough side of the sponge to clean stuff. Like why else is it there morons? They fuck up all the sponges by just cleaning up grease and shit and not even rinsing out the sponge or cleaning it off or anything. It's disgusting. So even when it's not my turn to do dishes, I still gotta clean up after them anyways by redoing their grody ass dishes.

My advice? Never live with someone who comes from money that hasn't ever had to do anything for themselves. It's shit and it'll make you feel like a mom. Sure there are exceptions, but that's just me I guess. Live with someone who is incredibly clean.

• Like 4

I'm assuming you just mean generally living with people and not literally "room" mates, like sharing a room with someone. Because that ends badly 10 out of 10 times.

I fucking hated the kid I had to share a room with my freshman year. Dude was disgusting, smelled like shit, and had no social life. All he did was play halo/COD and watch netflix while listening to lil wayne and mike posner. Biggest kook ever. Got me in trouble for smoking in the room too. One time he came back to the room incredibly excited that he had "conned" the school hospital into giving him codeine syrup for a cold and he was going to make sizzurp and get fucked up. I think he took like 3 showers all year.

As for living in a house with other dudes, i've had good and bad experiences. The bad experiences were a result of people signing a lease and then not paying rent. You gotta make sure people are committed when you live with them, because paying for empty rooms/other people's portion of rent fucking sucks. It's never a good idea to have the "if they fuck up it's their problem" mentality because it will legally be your responsibility to pay rent no matter who fucked up when it comes down to it. Live with people you can trust.

I'm looking for an apartment right now and I'm def trying to live alone, so over dealing with other people's bullshit. More expensive, but worth it I think.

• Like 3

It's simple really. Good roommates = good times. Bad roommates = bad times. Also if you can find a place where the rooms aren't right next to each other that's a big plus, because then you don't have to listen to each other bang chicks, which can be kind of awkward.

I have only had good experiences with roommates. None of them were perfect, and compromises need to be made. I have two roommates right now, although only one of them is around full time. The other guy is here 1 weekend a month.

My biggest issues with roommates is not wanting to invest in good shit. I can explain...I want nice furniture, I want good knives in the kitchen, I want to have a decent bar setup, etc. None of those things can exist in a house with most roommates, not because of the roommates themselve, but because their friends might come over and fuck your dream up in some way.

I daydream about having my own flat, with a fully stocked bar w/ a couple tap handles, some sweet ass furniture, the dopest set of hand picked cutlery, LED tv, some sort of kinetic sculpture in there somewhere, and Drunk In Love playing non-stop out of my vintage McIntosh kit just as Bey intended. Also, I could have ratchets over whenever I'd like and not worry about having to introduce them to ANYONE.

• Like 4

my first roommate was tony. when I got his name in the mail I looked him up on myspace. I can remember his headline there was "life's a hole, dig it!!" there was 10 days or so in the dorms before class started. the first weekend> BEST. WEEKND. OF MY LIFE. it was boys on the bottom and top floors and girls in the middle. we lit up!! girls i the room everywhere. fuuuuckin. it was a 100% disaster by christmas

• Like 4

it can be rough. I started to type my whole situation but it was to long and confusing so I bailed. just make sure you know the people you are living with pretty well. and don't get pissed over little things/hang signs in the kitchen telling the other roommates that they need to do their dishes. and make sure your landlord isn't crazy

if i live with a roommate when i'm older i'll make sure they have a skateperception account so that i can shit all over them in front of everyone if he fucks something up

• Like 3

I've been moving in and out of apartments for the 7 years ive been in college. I've had two seperate situations where people left the apartment/house while still in the terms of the lease. Those two people have cost me about $5,000 in early termination fees and lost deposits. Every other house was okay. Like alot of people have said, compromise is where its at. A lot of people don't know their habits are terrible untill you tell them.

it can be rough. I started to type my whole situation but it was to long and confusing so I bailed. just make sure you know the people you are living with pretty well. and don't get pissed over little things/hang signs in the kitchen telling the other roommates that they need to do their dishes. and make sure your landlord isn't crazy

lets hear it papz

lets hear it papz

ugh I'm at work and have nothing better to do so I might as well.

so for the sake of the story, I'm going to address everyone by name so you guys don't all get confused.

so when I was living in the dorms at my school I met three dudes, david, chris and bron. we chilled a decent amount and eventually decided to get a house together for next year. we were all sort of stoners so it was hard to get much done, and out of all of them I was the most motivated. so we wanted one other person to get in on the house so it was a bit cheaper for all of us. dave knew this dude named greg who got kicked out of the dorms earlier that year for smoking. he seemed like a good guy so we decided to include him. we were a bit late on finding places to live because we were all pretty slow, but I finally found this place that wasn't too expensive and had enough rooms. I contacted the landlord and set up a meeting for the house. There, we found out that the landlord was this crazy asian woman. and when I say crazy, I mean CRAZY. since we had no other options we ended up signing a lease. she wanted a security deposit, first months rent and last months rent. I was able to give her everything since my parents were paying for everything, and I had to loan Dave 150 bucks to cover his part so we would get the house. Chris and Bron were another story though.. they were putting it off for the longest time. for the summer, I stayed out on the west for about two months so I wasn't anywhere near pittsburgh. I decided to put Greg in charge because he was the most trust worthy out of the bunch and although I didn't really know him, I trusted him. I got a call one day from our landlord screaming at me over the phone telling me that bron and chris hadn't paid their part yet and she was going to give the house to someone else without refunding me the 1000 bucks I already gave her. I was in the middle of shooting a trick when she called and I told the dude I wasn't going to shoot it just because I had to argue with this crazy woman that was over 3000 miles away from me. I got dave on the phone (who still had to pay a couple hundred bucks plus that 150 he owed me) and he told me chris and bron weren't answering his calls either but that he was still in. I then called greg and told him that me and dave decided since Chris and Bron were blowing it so badly that they were out. We still needed two people, and greg suggested we get his brother and his brothers friend (JP and Pete) since they were looking for a spot to live. I desperately said yes and called my crazy landlord to tell her what we were doing.

Our lease started August 1st and I wasn't getting back in town til the 8th so I was just gonna move in once I got back. When I went to go to the house, JP and Pete had already moved in and snaked the two biggest rooms. I sorta just said fuck it and went with it because I needed a place to live and didn't care how big my room really was. Dave ended up moving in a week later and had to take a really small room right next to the front door that no one else wanted. From that point on, Dave and I didn't really get along with JP and Pete. Pete would call me telling me I had to do my dishes more often and that I needed to keep my bathroom (that he didn't even use) cleaner. He then proceeded to hang signs up in the kitchen reminding us to do our dishes. Dave started selling weed, then moved onto selling coke, acid, molly and some prescriptions. He ended up turning into a drug addict and was 3 months late on rent (and stilled owed me 150). The dude would seriously be tripping on acid all day, skip work, go party and then give out free tabs to everyone at the parties so they would all be tripping. He came to my room one day telling me how he stole some trees from my homie to pay off all the rent and the 150 he owed me, but he could only pay me the 150 in trees. I decided to take it and cut my losses. Dave disappeared the next week and we think he went to jail because he was already on probation for DUI he got over the summer.

Anyway, we got my homie Dakota to move in to the downstairs room. I can get along with JP but I want to punch Pete in the face every time I see him. Something about it just pisses me off. Pete has backed off the whole 'posting signs in the kitchen' but will send out group texts to everyone telling us how we need to be more clean and continues to act like a father.

As for the landlord... it keeps getting worse and worse. She'll show up at our house randomly with a group of people to look at it for next year and just ignore us yelling at her. I had to get an inch from her fucking face a week ago and yell as loud as I could to get the fuck out of my house. We tell everyone that comes to view the house that they shouldn't rent any property from this woman. She owns our whole street and doesn't do any work to any of the houses. My entire basement is torn up, the walls have holes and nothing works. She tells us that shes going to fix it but doesn't do shit. If you guys could see this woman or hear the voicemails that she has left me you would die. I didn't have a single voicemail in my inbox prior to contacting her. By August my voicemail inbox was 100% full because of the messages that she left me. I wish I kept some of them, they were the funniest thing I have ever heard.

**LESSON OF THE STORY**

be cautious of who you choose to live with and make sure your landlord isn't the worst landlord in the area. you will regret it.

• Like 4

ugh I'm at work and have nothing better to do so I might as well.

so for the sake of the story, I'm going to address everyone by name so you guys don't all get confused.

so when I was living in the dorms at my school I met three dudes, david, chris and bron. we chilled a decent amount and eventually decided to get a house together for next year. we were all sort of stoners so it was hard to get much done, and out of all of them I was the most motivated. so we wanted one other person to get in on the house so it was a bit cheaper for all of us. dave knew this dude named greg who got kicked out of the dorms earlier that year for smoking. he seemed like a good guy so we decided to include him. we were a bit late on finding places to live because we were all pretty slow, but I finally found this place that wasn't too expensive and had enough rooms. I contacted the landlord and set up a meeting for the house. There, we found out that the landlord was this crazy asian woman. and when I say crazy, I mean CRAZY. since we had no other options we ended up signing a lease. she wanted a security deposit, first months rent and last months rent. I was able to give her everything since my parents were paying for everything, and I had to loan Dave 150 bucks to cover his part so we would get the house. Chris and Bron were another story though.. they were putting it off for the longest time. for the summer, I stayed out on the west for about two months so I wasn't anywhere near pittsburgh. I decided to put Greg in charge because he was the most trust worthy out of the bunch and although I didn't really know him, I trusted him. I got a call one day from our landlord screaming at me over the phone telling me that bron and chris hadn't paid their part yet and she was going to give the house to someone else without refunding me the 1000 bucks I already gave her. I was in the middle of shooting a trick when she called and I told the dude I wasn't going to shoot it just because I had to argue with this crazy woman that was over 3000 miles away from me. I got dave on the phone (who still had to pay a couple hundred bucks plus that 150 he owed me) and he told me chris and bron weren't answering his calls either but that he was still in. I then called greg and told him that me and dave decided since Chris and Bron were blowing it so badly that they were out. We still needed two people, and greg suggested we get his brother and his brothers friend (JP and Pete) since they were looking for a spot to live. I desperately said yes and called my crazy landlord to tell her what we were doing.

Our lease started August 1st and I wasn't getting back in town til the 8th so I was just gonna move in once I got back. When I went to go to the house, JP and Pete had already moved in and snaked the two biggest rooms. I sorta just said fuck it and went with it because I needed a place to live and didn't care how big my room really was. Dave ended up moving in a week later and had to take a really small room right next to the front door that no one else wanted. From that point on, Dave and I didn't really get along with JP and Pete. Pete would call me telling me I had to do my dishes more often and that I needed to keep my bathroom (that he didn't even use) cleaner. He then proceeded to hang signs up in the kitchen reminding us to do our dishes. Dave started selling weed, then moved onto selling coke, acid, molly and some prescriptions. He ended up turning into a drug addict and was 3 months late on rent (and stilled owed me 150). The dude would seriously be tripping on acid all day, skip work, go party and then give out free tabs to everyone at the parties so they would all be tripping. He came to my room one day telling me how he stole some trees from my homie to pay off all the rent and the 150 he owed me, but he could only pay me the 150 in trees. I decided to take it and cut my losses. Dave disappeared the next week and we think he went to jail because he was already on probation for DUI he got over the summer.

Anyway, we got my homie Dakota to move in to the downstairs room. I can get along with JP but I want to punch Pete in the face every time I see him. Something about it just pisses me off. Pete has backed off the whole 'posting signs in the kitchen' but will send out group texts to everyone telling us how we need to be more clean and continues to act like a father.

As for the landlord... it keeps getting worse and worse. She'll show up at our house randomly with a group of people to look at it for next year and just ignore us yelling at her. I had to get an inch from her fucking face a week ago and yell as loud as I could to get the fuck out of my house. We tell everyone that comes to view the house that they shouldn't rent any property from this woman. She owns our whole street and doesn't do any work to any of the houses. My entire basement is torn up, the walls have holes and nothing works. She tells us that shes going to fix it but doesn't do shit. If you guys could see this woman or hear the voicemails that she has left me you would die. I didn't have a single voicemail in my inbox prior to contacting her. By August my voicemail inbox was 100% full because of the messages that she left me. I wish I kept some of them, they were the funniest thing I have ever heard.

**LESSON OF THE STORY**

be cautious of who you choose to live with and make sure your landlord isn't the worst landlord in the area. you will regret it.

post up a pic of this beautiful asian lady

if i live with a roommate when i'm older i'll make sure they have a skateperception account so that i can shit all over them in front of everyone if he fucks something up

no one will care

• Like 1

At my last apartment my roommates girlfriend stole my cat's. But either way, I can't afford to live on my own so I will have a roommate for awhile.

• Like 1