SkatePerception

How many people on here are vegetarians or vegans? If there are any, why? I have been a vegetarian all my life because I was born into a vegetarian family. I can honestly say I have never had the desire to eat meat. For those who don't know, vegetarians don't eat meat, but can have dairy products. Vegans don't have meat or dairy products. I have heard that some vegetarians eat fish, but I haven't met any that do.

I like eating chicken and beef but beef isn't that good for you I guess? Idk it tastes good and if I like it then why not, you feel me. If you're a vegetarian or vegan then do it, but i've met some preachy vegans which gets on my nerves sort of

I like bread and shit though

• Like 1

I was a vegetarian for a few years. It was pretty great but I was advised by my doc to get back on the meat game because I needed more protein and iron n stuff. I've thought about going back to it but meat is just so much easier.

been considering vegetarianism for a little bit, but I barely get enough protein now as it is so that's really the only thing holding me back. I don't usually have desires to eat any meat so I think the switch should be easy, as long as I can figure out easy ways to get more protein

beef isn't that good for you I guess?

what makes you think this? proteins, b vitamins and zinc are all in beef

as long as it's not fatty or undercooked

• Like 1

I'm a vegan. 3 reasons: 1. meat and dairy industry is fucked and its not something id like to support. 2. i dont think anything should have to die for me to eat. 3. my family has some terrible health conditions and i would like to do my best to avoid them. its very easy if you have the right mindset and a good enough will power. you gotta know how to cook and have a grocery store next to you that accommodates the lifestyle. also, you can get all the nutrients and vitamins you would ever need from having a plant based diet, its a myth that you cant get enough protein without meat. its not anymore expensive or limiting than having a meat based diet either. its cool if you eat meat too though, i dont want this to turn into a lame debate.

• Like 1

I dated a girl that's a "vegetarian" but still eats fish claiming it's not meat. It's whatever, she was super hard to take out to dinner or something though.

I tried it when I was in high school cause I thought I would be more hip if I didn't eat meat. I was also working at a pita pit so I thought I could survive off of humas pitas. I lasted 4 days

i hate when vegans try to change a meat eaters lifestyle

I just don't like preachy people in general. I'm glad this didn't turn into a debate thread overnight.

the meat industry is nasty, i wish i could eat game meat all the time, but I can't so I eat store bought meat...I try to go to reputable butchers more often than not but really who knows where their delicious delicious slaughter comes from anyway

the meat industry is nasty, i wish i could eat game meat all the time, but I can't so I eat store bought meat...I try to go to reputable butchers more often than not but really who knows where their delicious delicious slaughter comes from anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tFSQEcOp_8

was a vegetarian for 6 years of my life.. now i really only eat white meat such as turkey and chicken organically raised and shit. wanna revert to a raw fruit diet, cause thats what andrew reynolds eats, but thats difficult.

wanna revert to a raw fruit diet, cause thats what andrew reynolds eats, but thats difficult.

Ive been thinking of doing that for a while

I eat meat, but not as much as most people do. My sister has been a vegetarian for probably 8 years now, and my parents were for a while when they were younger. I don't approach it statistically marking day by day how long I've gone without meat, but generally I try to avoid it. Growing up my parents always stressed eating healthy and diversifying my pallet so Im down with pretty much anything. Plus preparing meatless meals isn't hard at all.

I always trip out when people basically live on mac and cheese and oscar meyer hot dogs and they won't even TRY any sort of real food.

• Like 2

as soon as i move outta my moms house and gotta buy my own groceries you best believe i'm buying that 5 dollar a tomato shit (ORGANIC)

i used to drink like 10 cokes a day and eat a frozen pizza and chocolate n chips like everyyyy day but i decided to change my lifestyle to stay healthy get skinnier and just be able to skate for hours without getting sore because my body is healthy as fuck.

and i wouldn't go straight vegan but i would barely buy/eat meat/eggs... possibly cheese too. i fucking love cheese tho and it doesn't make me fat like some people.. idk

living healthy is hella fun and rewarding imo