SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
LZC

Opteka .3 Vig Help!

Hey SP,

I noticed something was up with my vig on my Opteka .3 from when I view the files on quicktime to when I put them in FCP7 to edit, or when I upload them to Youtube/ Vimeo.

I shoot Opteka .3 on HPX170 zoomed into 10 at 72060p

Below I've put up a screenshot. On the left is the raw video in quicktime, and on the right is a shot of it in FCP7. In FCP 7 looks like it auto zooms out a bit and there's more noticable vig. Anyone had this issue or know what's up?!

vdh108.jpg

I shoot Opteka .3 on HPX170 zoomed into 10 at 72060p and am editing on FCP7 if that helps!

Thanks

Leif

It could be your project settings in the project. Try rendering out a quicktime in fcp and see if it is still cropped. Because it could be just cropped in fcp but not when its rendered out or something. Not sure if that will do something but its worth a shot!

• Like 1

It's weird, I think it's actually the quicktime zooming it in, bc on the camera it has the vig like in Final Cut, and when I export raw file directly into Youtube it comes up with the vig like in Final Cut. So it's really only showing different in quicktime.

Crop it if it bothers you, but in skateboarding, wider is better. So I wouldn't be too worried if I were you.