SkatePerception
Danny_P

Railzzz

Kinda wish I'd got this about half an hour earlier when there was still some ambient light. Got some shots of him warming up with a real nice dark blue sky behind him. Also I managed to blow out the tail and the underside of the Rail.

Kickflip Boardslide

14293047384_97dc0f0cfb_z.jpgEddie Belvedere-Kickflip Boardside-Cornwall by Danny_Parker, on Flickr

With this one I got kinda bored shooting rails from pretty much the same angle. Can't decide if it works or not. I think I should have got him a little higher up the rail.

Front Board

14316379095_0249f64823_z.jpgEddie Belvedere-Front Board-Plymouth by Danny_Parker, on Flickr

Thoughts?

• Like 3

I dig both. agree with your self-critiques on the first one... everything fills the frame nicely, but yeah.. lots of black nothingness.
I prefer the 2nd one. angle is cool, longer exposure and light drags look nice.. I think there could be less space above and below though. Maybe square crop.. or maybe shot horizontal..

• Like 1

Like them both. Yeah there is alot of dark space in the first one but sometimes it's nice to see a photo that just really showcases the skateboarding.

• Like 1

I prefer the first one, but to me it looks more like a kickflip noseslide, probably just me though.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I can see how the first one looks like he's going to land in a nose slide.