SkatePerception

Decided to put my settings at 480p and zoom out to have a VX like vignetting on my Canon 6d and 8-15mm fisheye, check it out and let me know what you think. Also if you wanna stay tuned in hit the like and subscribe button, I'm starting this series called "Da Block" which is the corner where everyone used to go to get food and drinks when skating at the now torn down Grand Central Spot. Im gonna try to drop one every week and its pretty much just gonna have creative new york style skateboarding. Hope you guys like my idea and any feedback is welcome.

• Like 3

Looks dope, I'd probably find myself filming like that if I had that setup (not enough people utilizing the wideness of the 8-15mm because they're afraid of vig).

However, I'd film in 720p/60p and just downscale it to 480p because filming in 480p gives you that aliasing, which you might want but I wouldn't.

No you set your camera to record in 640x480 and he shot in 1280x720, and you can tell by the difference in aliasing between the two.

EDIT: at least thats what it looks like to me

• Like 1

this video is with a 6D 8-15mm too in HD cropped.

the looks of this LES video is so good. it's not that it looks like a vx, it's that its just something new and not 16:9. Always thought that in sam's video it was a Peleng 8mm. Wondering if it'd do the same with the vig on that dslr set up.

this video is with a 6D 8-15mm too in HD cropped.

what kind of mic are you using in this? it sounds, and looks amazing. I wish more people did this with their DSLRs.

the looks of this LES video is so good. it's not that it looks like a vx, it's that its just something new and not 16:9. Always thought that in sam's video it was a Peleng 8mm. Wondering if it'd do the same with the vig on that dslr set up.

The peleng looks horrible on full frame cameras the vig is almost a complete circle