SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
GlueBag

Dv Clips Become Glitchy The Following Day After Upload To Macbook.

Ive recently been experiencing my clips becoming glitchy and choppy the next day after uploading them the previous night. I understand that quicktime sometimes freezes but it does the same in Final Cut. When one of the clips was playing fine I exported it to .mov to see if that worked, it played fine then the next day the same problem. These are all new clips, my old clips from about 6months ago don't glitch and play through fine. My mac doesn't have the port for the capture cam so all my clips are from an external hard rive in AVI format then using MPEGSTREAM_CLIP I export them to DV format. Only new clips from the last week are doing this and I've transferred many videos to another hard drive to see if my mac was having trouble coping with so many DV files but the problem continued. Any one have any ideas, or is my mac slowly dying? It does take about 10 minutes to boot.

Cheers Kane.

you may have already tryed this but clear space it'll run faster. i remember one time after i captured some footage it played super slow and then i deleted some already used clips nd it worked. this may not be the problem tho

All my big clips are on another hard drive and I transferred a single clip to a friends computer and it plays through fine. Must be something on my laptop. Any ideas? Its stuttering still on my laptop.