SkatePerception
cruickshank

Best Dslr? Dslr Vs Hd Camcorder

I decided to get the f4 with IS. I hate bringing tripods around so the IS and light weight helped me decide. Also cheaper. Handheld filming looks better imo and the 2.8 may be too heavy.

I've honestly never noticed the IS noise in any footage, and all my lenses are stabilized besides the 8mm. I also use a shotgun mic, however its probable the on-board audio would pick up that noise

Hello guys. I'm looking for information about DSLR cameras. Actually I film a lot of hours without stopping with a JVC Camcoder. I need to know if I can do the same with a Canon T5. Some people said that the camera turns hot after 15-20 minutes of shoot. What can you say about that?
Thank you very much.

Hello guys. I'm looking for information about DSLR cameras. Actually I film a lot of hours without stopping with a JVC Camcoder. I need to know if I can do the same with a Canon T5. Some people said that the camera turns hot after 15-20 minutes of shoot. What can you say about that?

Thank you very much.

Skip canons for video, in the last few years they haven't been able to come close to competing with Panasonic sony Nikon whatever. What's your budget for a setup?

Skip canons for video, in the last few years they haven't been able to come close to competing with Panasonic sony Nikon whatever. What's your budget for a setup?

I definetly wouldn't say that Nikon is better for video; panasonic and sony (with the exception with the A7) are better though. But a canon setup would still be the best choice (that isn't thousands of dollars) if you wanted to do both photo and video.

I definetly wouldn't say that Nikon is better for video; panasonic and sony (with the exception with the A7) are better though. But a canon setup would still be the best choice (that isn't thousands of dollars) if you wanted to do both photo and video.

Well Nikon was able to integrate 1080/60p before canon (iirc) and yeah definitely skip the a7. Unless you are trying to do a lot of flash photos Sony and Panasonic make really great cameras.

Well Nikon was able to integrate 1080/60p before canon (iirc) and yeah definitely skip the a7. Unless you are trying to do a lot of flash photos Sony and Panasonic make really great cameras.

That is true, but most of the consumer cameras don't allow for full control over settings like you have on any of the popular consumer Canon cameras (T3i is a great example). I am really biased as I am not a big fan of Nikon for photo or video, but still.

• Like 2

That is true, but most of the consumer cameras don't allow for full control over settings like you have on any of the popular consumer Canon cameras (T3i is a great example). I am really biased as I am not a big fan of Nikon for photo or video, but still.

Fair point

if you guys notice, the guy who started this topic who's name is cruickshank, i think he is James Cruickshank, which now filmed the 4:3 grey skate mag videos... its funny to see him two years ago asking this, and now watching his vids which are actually really good