SkatePerception
Moorey

Hmc40 Settings Help

Just bought a HMC40 a couple of days ago, haven't properly filmed yet but I tried to get the best possible settings and now the quality is really blurry when I out the fisheye on, anyone know what I can do?

Set your focus to Manual Focus and manually adjust it to see if being out of focus was the issue.

Or you may just have a shitty fisheye lens.

I know on the HPX with the Xtreme the focus point 'sweet spot' is MF 03.

Does anyone else experience that too? Been meaning to ask that for a while actually.

I use the Opteka .3, and I usually just manual focus to 0, but it would be interesting to play around with the focus and see if one can get a slightly sharper focus point.

The focus 'sweet spot' shouldn't be that mysterious. With most setups you can just set your focus to auto and aim it at something still from about the same distance as you would be from the skater and though the focus might fluctuate between 2-3 focusing positions, that should be close enough. And if you really want to get meticulous, you can hook your camera up to an HD monitor/TV via HDMI and pixel peep to see what focus distance works the best.