SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
Beabut

D00ds

I just got done with a marathon film developing session. I've been shooting on and off, but it was my first time buying chemicals in 4+ years. Logically, my first thought was "What is SP up to?"

Considering you fuckers are the reason I own all these pocketwizards, square cameras, and SB-24's... I've gotta ask, what is SP up to these days?

Do I need to sell my 500c? 6x7 was starting to get cool when I left, is that still a thing? Are you all shooting digi now?

Is TuneBomb still shooting 4,000 rolls of film a day? Is Halupka still alive? Did he give up photography like the rest of us? Neilson? Conway? I'm just dating myself now.

• Like 2

Neilson runs a successful Instagram account, Halupka and Benford run a farm in Alabama and totally still shoot photos. HSI makes really good food. I don't have a regular income anymore so I don't shoot as much film, though I still do. I also shoot with a stupid d800 that takes 60 megabyte photos and it's not so bad, but keeping all the photos is.

6x7 is def pretty cool but so is the x100 and the rx100.

I shot this much last year, mostly on the d800

digisucks.png

• Like 1

Julien shoots with a d800?! YIKES. Film must really be fucked. You still up in the frozen north? Do you have any new work on the web I could flip through?

Glad to see if SP had to go digi, the x100 would be the move. I've never held one in my hands, but the appeal is undeniable.

I just ran through the Flickr accounts of some stuff I had in my favorites (Andrew K, John Kim, Andrew Synder, whatever) and it really got me stoked on some old work that reminded me why I liked photography. Glad I stopped in.

i moved to nyc, so did neilson, we got an apartment together because of sp but have since moved out, i still shoot skating and havent gone on some too far off crazy tumblr art photography.

• Like 4

hahha film isn't fucked, I'm just seriously broke. I make under 10k a year whereas back when I was shooting film I was making between 22-24,000

I can afford to shoot about 1/3 what I used to, but I can't afford to dev unless I do it myself.

I still live in Canada, but right now I'm ACTUALLY in the frozen north. I'm in the Yukon until the end of March.

-41 Celsius (and Fahrenheit)

16126361017_1c4b5df25a_o.png

My site is still the same, I haven't updated it in a while but it's probably stuff you haven't seen:

http://anopeneye.com

• Like 2

I just got done with a marathon film developing session. I've been shooting on and off, but it was my first time buying chemicals in 4+ years. Logically, my first thought was "What is SP up to?"

Considering you fuckers are the reason I own all these pocketwizards, square cameras, and SB-24's... I've gotta ask, what is SP up to these days?

Do I need to sell my 500c? 6x7 was starting to get cool when I left, is that still a thing? Are you all shooting digi now?

Is TuneBomb still shooting 4,000 rolls of film a day? Is Halupka still alive? Did he give up photography like the rest of us? Neilson? Conway? I'm just dating myself now.

Yeah I remember you...... this may seem weird cause I have a dank/chill memory, but you were from VA (NoVa I believe) and had a d200 right? Also, I vaguely remember some self-portrait (I'm assuming with the d200) where you had like some unruly, skater bangs type hair?

The world is a weird place.

yr stumpjumper is v chill tho