SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
SteveLaClair

Rip Eric Joneckis

RIP

Can any one find the thread where he talked about s'ing his own d?

it got deleted with all the older threads when steve switched servers or whatever happened when SP changed layouts.

RIP :(

Rest in Peace dude.

I used to talk to him at least every month or so. He was really struggling with drugs and I was hoping for the best, It sucks because he had two sides that I don't know if everyone saw. He was the funny guy on SP and everything, but he was also a really smart dude and always had a really unique perspective on life. I don't know if the drugs are ultimately what killed him or not, regardless it's fucking sad.

Rest in Peace dude.

I used to talk to him at least every month or so. He was really struggling with drugs and I was hoping for the best, It sucks because he had two sides that I don't know if everyone saw. He was the funny guy on SP and everything, but he was also a really smart dude and always had a really unique perspective on life. I don't know if the drugs are ultimately what killed him or not, regardless it's fucking sad.

http://joneckis.blogspot.ie/2014/09/hope.html?m=1

From the blog:

"It was, to say the least, a mindfuck of epic proportions. I pictured my mother going through the same thing, of having to pick up my stuff, of having to sort out what to throw away and what to keep, of having to see what happened to what was once her little boy. I pictured her feeling that guilt, and trying to process where it all went wrong, and what she could've done. And to be honest, I don't have an answer for her. I don't fucking know."

Reading this felt like a kick in the gut.

• Like 1

The part that sucks is that he didn't seem to be lying to himself.

By the way, I interviewed him two times. I wish I still had the mp3s, but I had to delete them later on because he was worried the recordings could be used as evidence for a drug case that came up. I never got to see his stand up either.

It's weird to go on his facebook page and not even see 1 comment about people missing him.

I'm assuming this is his fb page: https://www.facebook.com/eric.joneckis?fref=browse_search

Edit:

Found some additional information about services, donations, etc...

http://www.ingramfuneralhome.com/book-of-memories/2030440/Joneckis-Eric/index.php

there's a ton of comments about people missing him, maybe it's private if you aren't fb friends though.

there's a ton of comments about people missing him, maybe it's private if you aren't fb friends though.

Ah good point, I didn't think of that.

fuck.

dude lived near atlanta, a couple of my homies knew him. rest in peace

EDIT: It took me a while to connect the dots, but the girl who died in Eric's blog post was the sister of a friend of mine. He himself was in Rehab about a year ago and their parents were visiting him when they got the call that she was dead.

Hard drugs will fuck up not only you but everyone around you as well. RIP

• Like 1

I hardly get on FaceBook and just found out about this from an old post that popped up my feed. Definitely need to drop my respects in his thread.

RIP, Eric

• Like 1