SkatePerception
nick5817

After Homies Go Pro

So ive been wondering this before i even considered filming and started on sp and now is when i felt like asking. When one of your friends in your group goes pro for a company is there like idk, maybe like a chance to get paid to film the skater or something i feel like its stupid asking that but it would really better my knowledge.

Lol thought this was gonna be about GoPro cameras. Anyways.

I know this guy in his late 30's who used to film and take pictures for some big name skaters back in the day /claim

I was talking to him about getting paid for filmig and he said lots of times he got fucked over and saw a clip he filmed, used in a video or as an ender and he didnt get shit all. Then other times where he got $500-$1000 for a couple clips.

Chances are you will get something but maybe only if you ask, and if you want to get paid to film for your life you need to be careful about making sure you get that money. That's basically what I understood from what this guy said.

• Like 4

One of our local filmers, Tim Fulton, grew up filming Davis Torgerson (Boondoggle) and later Jack Olson. After Davis got on Real and was blowing up, Tim was able to use his connection to Davis to get a job as a filmer for Deluxe.