SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
sittingduck422

Vx1000 Blue Bars When Shutter Speed Is Above S60

I've never seen a vx problem like this before so I though I might see if anyone here knew what I'm up against. So my vx works fine on s60. But the second I switch it to s90 or higher I get these blue bars on the left side of the screen (they show up in the viewfinder and on the footage). The bars get longer and brighter the higher the shutter speed. I have a feeling I'm going to have to get it repaired so if anyone recommends a cheap/good place to send it off to, please let me know.
Example photos:
vx1000lines1_zpshsych3as.jpgvx1000lines2_zpssuev88ed.jpg

Kerry from Video Electronics will be your best bet, he is the man for fixing. He will comment down bellow also

Kerry from Video Electronics will be your best bet, he is the man for fixing. He will comment down bellow also

Thanks Parker. I hope Kerry replies. If not I guess I'll shoot him a pm.

Thanks Parker. I hope Kerry replies. If not I guess I'll shoot him a pm.

Of course man shoot him a dm he replies very fast

Hey, we're off on the weekends so just reading this now. My guess is a bad Prism Block. Hard to pre-quote a VX1000 these days. Invariably there are other things found to be on the edge of failure. Best to have a look first.

Hey, we're off on the weekends so just reading this now. My guess is a bad Prism Block. Hard to pre-quote a VX1000 these days. Invariably there are other things found to be on the edge of failure. Best to have a look first.

Thanks Kerry!

Hi, Kerry! I have the same problem with my VX1000. I tried switching the CCD prism, the CB-49, JC-12... almost every piece and cable but without succeed. I know there's so much things that can cause the problem but maybe you have a clue based on your experience with this kind of error. Thank you so much in advance!. Kind regards.