SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
Bonksz

Motion Tracking Problem

Hey guys, this might be an easy fix but i can't figure it out. What im doing is a gun shot effect, but the footage is a bit shaky so i want the smoke from the gun to move with the frame so it looks like its actually in place if that makes sense. I made the tracker but the smoke and muzzle flare disapear whenever i motion track. The top layer is the smoke, the middle layer is the muzzle flare and the bottom layer is the footage. But yeah, i used the edge of the curtains to track motion, but i want the smoke right infront of the gun before he acts out the gun shot kick back. I screenshotted it to give you gives a better idea since this may not be as clear.

se95on.png

• Like 1

You have to track for rotation too. Change the track type to stabilize and pick two point that stand out from the area around it (contrasting colors, corners, things that AE can track easily). "Analyze" the whole clip, and make sure the points track properly. If they stay where they should, then "apply" it and you should be good. Lemme know how it goes.