SkatePerception
TwoGirlsOneEric

Flash Photography Starter Kit?

I've been getting into taking photos a lot more often. I'm a videographer, and this while transition on choosing flashes, transmitters and all is so confusing. I've been looking online for a good set up but I really have no clue. I just want something that I can have high speed sync and all that stuff. I don't have the money to buy strobes at the moment, so I'm leaning more toward the affordable speed lite that has enough juice during the day. I'm using a canon t3i if that makes a difference at all. I've got about 250 to spend, even though that might not be enough considering what I'm asking for haha. But anything helps. I'd really appreciate it guys!! :)

Thank you!!

I have a Canon 380ex and these transceivers (http://www.amazon.com/Neewer-Channel-Wireless-Transceiver-Receiver/dp/B00QBXPCX0/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1434593477&sr=8-11&keywords=ettl+trigger+canon) and it lets you do high speed sync. It's kind of a pain in the ass because the flash is all automatic, so you can't really control power output, it just shoots e-ttl. I have a Neewer tt560 that is manual output, but it doesn't do HHS, however the newer Neewer flashs are manual and do HSS, so I would check those out (example: http://www.amazon.com/Neewer-Triopo-Digital-Cameras-Include/dp/B00UIZZ95I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1434650582&sr=8-2&keywords=neewer+ettl+flash+canon)

• Like 1

Personally, I would save up and buy 1 AB 400 or 800. I know you want something now but if I was to learn on one strobe I would want it to be powerful enough I can manipulate easily and that would do it for you in an indoor location. Pair that with a decent sized softbox and you shouldn't be much more than $300.

It is more than your budget but I think you would get less frustration and more out of learning on somehting that you can grow with and likely even pay back your investment.

Tutuapp 9apps Showbox