SkatePerception

Spanky Fs Grab on the wave breaker

http://imageshack.com/a/img537/897/0pwlb5.jpg

I'm really new to photography as you can tell. And I really wanted to get a pro doing a trick no matter what, while they were in Chicago. Also I didn't want to get in Mike Burnett's way. To me this is a prized photo because of how well I think it turned out. But the reason its here is to get critiqued.

The photo is really dark. Did you try enhancing it at all?

No I did not, should I use photoshop or is there something better?

yeah def make it brighter. I see where you are trying to do but maybe at this situation long lens might have been better? on the left corner i saw some people sitting around i would have shot where they are sitting. with the fisheye shot it made spank's fs grab tiny. At burns position it probably looked huge but def not where you are sitting. Def give long lens a shot. Fisheye is cool but if you have the opportunity to use long lens.. use long lens. Try watching of mikes composition on the ride channel if you haven't yet.

he does a great job at teaching.

No I did not, should I use photoshop or is there something better?

Get a copy of Adobe lightroom if you can, it's a lot easier than photoshop for most things. Just watch some youtube tutorials and start playing around with it.

yeah def make it brighter. I see where you are trying to do but maybe at this situation long lens might have been better? on the left corner i saw some people sitting around i would have shot where they are sitting. with the fisheye shot it made spank's fs grab tiny. At burns position it probably looked huge but def not where you are sitting. Def give long lens a shot. Fisheye is cool but if you have the opportunity to use long lens.. use long lens. Try watching of mikes composition on the ride channel if you haven't yet.

he does a great job at teaching.
yeah I've watched the composition video before and thinking it through now getting in the grass area with LL would have been much more suitable. Thanks

Get a copy of Adobe lightroom if you can, it's a lot easier than photoshop for most things. Just watch some youtube tutorials and start playing around with it.

I'll check it out! Thanks