SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
Danimals07

Life-ish?

Has anyone worked at target? I'm toying with the idea of quitting my other job to work there. And I'm just tryin to see if anyone thought it was decent or not worth it.

It's really just like any other shitty job, but not too bad. I worked there through high school.

i had an interview there when I was like 19, they asked me why do you want to work for target? I really didnt want to work there I just had applied for like many different jobs in one day, I didnt have an answer prepared and seriously probably sat there staring at the lady for like 10 full seconds of silence and I was like because I like target and thought it would be cool to work here, lol. I didnt get the job.

Basically if they ever ask you that question in any interview just say that you want more experience in retail (or whatever job position/store) and feel that target (whatever store) would be a great place to get that.

i had an interview there when I was like 19, they asked me why do you want to work for target? I really didnt want to work there I just had applied for like many different jobs in one day, I didnt have an answer prepared and seriously probably sat there staring at the lady for like 10 full seconds of silence and I was like because I like target and thought it would be cool to work here, lol. I didnt get the job.

Basically if they ever ask you that question in any interview just say that you want more experience in retail (or whatever job position/store) and feel that target (whatever store) would be a great place to get that.

yeah your experience seems similar to others from what I've read on this website called the Glassdoor. It seems like you have to be spontaneous to the interviewers questions otherwise you're chance of getting hired is slim to none. But I decided I'm gonna stay within my store (Mariano's super market) because I found out I get paid for holidays even if I don't work that day, and I get holiday pay which ranges from 11 to 14 dollars an hours compared to the 8.80 I make on the norm. Thanks for the feedback though!

hahaha have you worked there?

i was regional branch manager of the tri-state area. & the video i referenced accurately describes the current plight of the common target employee (depicted by the over weight woman) in pursuit of a livable wage, promotions and health benefits, etc. vs. the supervisors (shown as a clown-american) who's eternal goal to keep company profit margins and subordinate productivity at complete maximum. best of luck in your career journey.

i was regional branch manager of the tri-state area. & the video i referenced accurately describes the current plight of the common target employee (depicted by the over weight woman) in pursuit of a livable wage, promotions and heath benefits, etc. vs. the supervisors (shown as a clown-american) who's eternal goal to keep company profit margins and subordinate productivity at complete maximum. best of luck in your career journey.

That's a very subliminal message you just showed me and explained. I wasn't expecting something that serious and true to come from that. Unless your a founder of a company, your getting played by the corporate game. Even if your the founder you still in the circle.

That's a very subliminal message you just showed me and explained. I wasn't expecting something that serious and true to come from that. Unless your a founder of a company, your getting played by the corporate game. Even if your the founder you still in the circle.

heck, even if u own all the targets, ur still gonna have 2 pay the banks & gubbermint. u cant really escape. try to acquire a taste for pie early on.