SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
rata

Vx1000 Turns On And Off Intermittently

Hi everyone!

I got a big problem with my camera. It works well for a couple of minutes and then starts to turn on and off intermittently by itself. Please, anyone knows why this issue happens? I changed the DD-75 board and the battery holder and the problem still persists.

Here is a video that I recorded where you can see the problem.

Many thanks in advance!

Regards.

Some times my batterys would do that. Like I bought some ghetto ass batterys and modified them, and they were not long enough and so I had to put cardboard on the end so it would catch on the door and hold it in. If that makes any sense...

Some times my batterys would do that. Like I bought some ghetto ass batterys and modified them, and they were not long enough and so I had to put cardboard on the end so it would catch on the door and hold it in. If that makes any sense...

damn the vx struggles lmao

• Like 2

Hi! I don't think it's the batteries. I've been using the same batteries for three years with no problem, plus they are Sony batteries.

Anyway, thank you so much for your reply!!

Regards.

Can you induce it by wiggling the power control knob?

Hi! I tried to wiggle the power control knob but it didn't induce the problem. Also, I changed the cabinet assembly, both left and right, with no success.

Thanks for your suggestion!

Regards.

Has to be either the RS or the Main then. It's usually the Main when I see that.

Hi! I'm going to try that! Just one thing, ¿Which is exactly the Main board? ¿The JC?

Thank you so much!

Regards.

The JC-12, yes.

My VX1 just doesnt turn on period, with a full battery it does nothing when switched on, and the tape deck does not open either. What would be the first thing you check if that happened to a vx

That's usually also the JC-12 but could be in the power circuit. Almost any symptom the VX has can be caused by more than one thing or a combination of things.

Hi! Recently I switched the Main board and by now the problem seems to be solved, because I don't know how provoke it. Time will tell.

Many thanks for giving me a hand!! I learned a lot with you guys!

Regards.

No problem. That's why we're here. Did you find that the back focus is messed up now? Software adjustments are usually needed when some of the boards are changed out. You can work around that a lot easier than having it shut off all the time though. Take care

No problem. That's why we're here. Did you find that the back focus is messed up now? Software adjustments are usually needed when some of the boards are changed out. You can work around that a lot easier than having it shut off all the time though. Take care

Hi!! I still don't know if the problem of the Main board is solved because I didn't use the camera since then, but I also changed the VAP assembly because of the steady shot and when I turned it ON it started buzzing and vibrating a lot, so I changed it back to its original lens and it worked properly. I assume that the problem resides in a spoiled part or cable of the 'new' lens, anyone have a clue of what part could be?

I tried combining the VAP assembly and its original lens parts with the boards of other VX1000 but like you said it needs software adjustments, and I only have one apparent functional Main board, so I just changed the CB-49 board that matches with the lens and now the focus issue seems to be solved. I always though that the lens, the CB-49 and the Main board has to go together, but now it seems that the Main board is not essential, is that true?

Sorry for my poor language domain.

Thank you so much in advance!

Regards.

No, they don't need to be changed together. Any board in the cm can be changed by itself, the system just needs adjustments so everything can work as a team

No, they don't need to be changed together. Any board in the cm can be changed by itself, the system just needs adjustments so everything can work as a team

But in this case, combining a lens unit and a CB-49 from the same camera and a Main board from other camera it doesn't need adjustments, isn't it?

By the way, do you have any clue about the steady shot issue?

Thank you a lot for your reply!

Regards.

I think you'll find that your back focus is messed up but you might have gotten lucky.

The VAP clicking like that is broken pieces inside it. Impossible to describe which pieces without showing you but that's what it is. Not repairable I'm afraid. I've spent hours trying.

I think you'll find that your back focus is messed up but you might have gotten lucky.

The VAP clicking like that is broken pieces inside it. Impossible to describe which pieces without showing you but that's what it is. Not repairable I'm afraid. I've spent hours trying.

Hi! Luckily the back focus is not messed up!!

Thank you for your knowledge and advices!

Regards.