SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
Bonksz

T3i W/ Cinestyle Vs 6d

I'm going to be filming a short film for school soon. I have a t3i with cinestyle and magic lantern on it. But I can get a 6d to use but it doesn't have cinestyle or magic lantern. Which would be a better option? My t3i will have a really flat image cause of cinestyle but the 6D is a full frame camera. I have no idea which would be my best bet.

T3i can work really well if you know how to use it. I know a guy who has two T2is and a T3i and he works for a couple different companies. The 6d does out perform it in low light and a lot of other ways, but the T3i works just fine. Would you be buying the 6d or just renting/borrowing it?

T3i can work really well if you know how to use it. I know a guy who has two T2is and a T3i and he works for a couple different companies. The 6d does out perform it in low light and a lot of other ways, but the T3i works just fine. Would you be buying the 6d or just renting/borrowing it?

I'd just be borrowing it. My school has a sign out room that's free. I just use my student card for it. I'm doing a horror film with a bit of low light shooting. Plus I was thinking the 24-105L that comes with the 6D would be better than the t3i with the crappy kit lens I have. I'm just worried on not using a flat image if I end up using the 6D

The 24-105 on the 6d for free(!!!) is the way to go. Just make a custom picture style on the 6d with the lowest contrast and saturation. I've never used cinestyle (can't find my CD or serial number for the Utility program) so I don't know how close you can get with it. That's just me though

• Like 1

The 24-105 on the 6d for free(!!!) is the way to go. Just make a custom picture style on the 6d with the lowest contrast and saturation. I've never used cinestyle (can't find my CD or serial number for the Utility program) so I don't know how close you can get with it. That's just me though

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, I might be able to use the c100 with the 3 cinema lenses but my computer wouldn't be able to handle the footage of that sadly. I was thinking of using my t3i as a b roll camera to upload behind the scenes and how we shot this scene and etc to help anyone that's curious on how we done things. I got a lot of thinking to do haha.

Why would your computer not be able to handle the C100 footage? It's the same codec, bit rate, and bit depth as the 6d. Another thing to consider is the 24-105 is f/4, which is awful for low-light. But the 6D kit would be worlds better than a t3i kit. No contest.

Yeah f/4 isn't that great, but the 6D has much better ISO performance at the same ISO's as the T3i, and it can go even higher with pretty good noise performance.

You should always choose better glass over better bodies. A t2i/t3i would work great in low light, as long as you know how to use it. This was shot on a T2i with a Sigma 30mm:

You should always choose better glass over better bodies. A t2i/t3i would work great in low light, as long as you know how to use it. This was shot on a T2i with a Sigma 30mm:

Thats great. Definitely gonna have to buy a 30mm now