SkatePerception
twinskates

Which Long Lens?

I have a Tamron 17-50 2.8 which has done wonders for me. Currently looking to upgrade and have it for sale if you are interested.

I just got the Sigma 17-50mm OS, and it's fantastic. Extremely smooth zoom ring; felt as nice as my grandfather's 24-105L. Plus it has OS so you'll be able to get decent handheld shots.

I just got the Sigma 17-50mm OS, and it's fantastic. Extremely smooth zoom ring; felt as nice as my grandfather's 24-105L. Plus it has OS so you'll be able to get decent handheld shots.

The sigma is reported to have smoother rings than the tamron with similar image quality so I'd go for that unless you are planning to go full frame soon

Easy man chil. I don't want to copy nobody I only want a good lens like this for zooming smooth. I haven't say in others mine post that I want to copy someone

Easy man chil. I don't want to copy nobody I only want a good lens like this for zooming smooth. I haven't say in others mine post that I want to copy someone

Confused with a different member, sorry carry on

Undecided on these two ahah. I can have clean images with a f.4 in low light?

Depends on the camera, how much lighting you have and how much grain is acceptable to you

The other thing to consider is that the sigma is going to let you have a wider image at the wide end but less at the telephoto end

The canon will also work for full frame and have better build quality because it is an l lens

Depends on the camera, how much lighting you have and how much grain is acceptable to you

The other thing to consider is that the sigma is going to let you have a wider image at the wide end but less at the telephoto end

The canon will also work for full frame and have better build quality because it is an l lens

Mmh really don't know. What would you choose? Think I will have much grain with a f.4, I have a canon t5i. What about the sigma 17-70mm or the sigma 30mm?

Mmh really don't know. What would you choose? Think I will have much grain with a f.4, I have a canon t5i. What about the sigma 17-70mm or the sigma 30mm?

The 17-70 Doesn't have a constant aperture so when you zoom the image will flicker and get darker. The 30mm also can't zoom because it is a prime and it sounds like you really want a zoom. I'd go for the sigma 17-50 os

Well you could get the sigma 17-50 and the 30mm for the price of the 24-105. You could use the 30mm when in low light, and the zoom any other time. That's pretty much what im doing, only I use the canon 50mm 1.8 (instead of the 30mm)

Well you could get the sigma 17-50 and the 30mm for the price of the 24-105. You could use the 30mm when in low light, and the zoom any other time. That's pretty much what im doing, only I use the canon 50mm 1.8 (instead of the 30mm)

Probably will do that way

Watched some your videos on youtube, the Canon 28-90mm looks good!

Watched some your videos on youtube, the Canon 28-90mm looks good!

Yeah it's a really smooth lens, but it isn't constant aperture, so it flickers as you zoom (you can see it in my videos). If you don't mind that then by all means get the lens (it's super cheap so if you don't like it it's not a big deal), but it doesn't look very good.

Yeah it's a really smooth lens, but it isn't constant aperture, so it flickers as you zoom (you can see it in my videos). If you don't mind that then by all means get the lens (it's super cheap so if you don't like it it's not a big deal), but it doesn't look very good.

http://www.the-digital-picture.com

This site is so awesome for testing lens!

Alternatively you could rent the 24-105 for somewhat cheap and if it isn't wide enough get the sigma

I think I will buy the sigma 30mm or the 35mm and the sigma 17-50. Now the question is: buy a sigma 30 ex or the art version? Someone know the differences?

Looking at both of them, they have too poor chromatic abberation control to justify the price. It's really pretty bad in that way. Other than that, I'd just get the 17-50 for now and see what focal length you shoot at most and then get a prime around there

Looking at both of them, they have too poor chromatic abberation control to justify the price. It's really pretty bad in that way. Other than that, I'd just get the 17-50 for now and see what focal length you shoot at most and then get a prime around there

Can you link me some skate videos filmed with the sigma 17-50mm?

Can you link me some skate videos filmed with the sigma 17-50mm?

I don't know of any but it's just a slightly better tamron 17-50vc with a smoother zoom that so many people on here use for skating so I'm sure it'll work well