SkatePerception

Vx1's are known to have issues with cold. Hvx aren't known to have many problems but in general, most people don't like the opteka .3 because it has awful vig and the 16:9 .4x is sharper but isn't as wide. However, since in snowboarding you're generally farther from the person than for skating, it should be plenty wide.

Vx1's are known to have issues with cold. Hvx aren't known to have many problems but in general, most people don't like the opteka .3 because it has awful vig and the 16:9 .4x is sharper but isn't as wide. However, since in snowboarding you're generally farther from the person than for skating, it should be plenty wide.

thats what my top choice was with the opteka .3. i just don't know much about p2 and how to deal with that

P2 is a super stable media type but it has a few major problems

-it's expensive compared to sd cards

-the cards fill up fast because of the general low capacity and high bitrate of the hvx

-you pretty much need a p2 card reader to get it into a computer

That being said, hvx footage will have a lot more flexibility in post compared to the 4:2:0 8 bit codec of the hmc150.

I'd look into an hmc150 or ac90 as well if you don't want to have to deal with p2.

P2 is a super stable media type but it has a few major problems

-it's expensive compared to sd cards

-the cards fill up fast because of the general low capacity and high bitrate of the hvx

-you pretty much need a p2 card reader to get it into a computer

That being said, hvx footage will have a lot more flexibility in post compared to the 4:2:0 8 bit codec of the hmc150.

I'd look into an hmc150 or ac90 as well if you don't want to have to deal with p2.

I've looked into the hmc but they are expensive compares to the hvx. I've heard there are ways that u do not need a card reader.this hvx looks like a good deal. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-AG-HVX200A-Camcorder-Black-/262226336300?hash=item3d0de85a2c:g:Hy8AAOSwa-dWjFhm

I've looked into the hmc but they are expensive compares to the hvx. I've heard there are ways that u do not need a card reader.this hvx looks like a good deal. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-AG-HVX200A-Camcorder-Black-/262226336300?hash=item3d0de85a2c:g:Hy8AAOSwa-dWjFhm

It looks like a good deal right now, but it ends in 3 days. People don't understand that the price spikes like crazy in the last minutes of the bid

If you're on pc you'll have to use the USB port to transfer footage. It's slower and the connection itself is fragile, and some people have issues getting it to work without a card reader at all. Luckily the card reader is about 150 used so it shouldn't stretch your bearing too much.

vx's will die out on the mountain unless you're somewhere where it is warm but still has snow. if you don't need a good lowlight camera (if you'll be shooting during the day or lighting at night) then the hvx200 is fine. the hvx200a is better, then the hmc150, and then the hpx170 is the best out of the panasonics.

Send it with the vx if youre filming og new york style shit. Otherwise go for the hvx dawg

I'd agree but he's filming snowboarding. Buying a vx1 to film snowboarding is not a good idea

I am a huge fan of SD and have filmed snowboarding with my vx before but i would not recommend it. Maybe with a vx2000 because they are slightly more reliable, cheaper, and newer, but i wouldn't take my vx1000 out snowboarding again. If you wanna go HD then i suggest hpx170, hmc150, or hvx200. Only downside is getting a good fisheye

i just bought an hvx and an opteka 0.3. it's obviously no extreme in terms of image outcome but is super wide and looks good, maybe needs a little crop in the edit. plus they're only $130

• Like 1

i just bought an hvx and an opteka 0.3. it's obviously no extreme in terms of image outcome but is super wide and looks good, maybe needs a little crop in the edit. plus they're only $130

Ive always really liked the look of that setup despite its flaws