SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
kalivar

Another Vx2 Or Step Up To Vx1

yup i broke my vx2 so i can either get another one and still use the same fisheye (and save $$$) or go for broke and invest in a mk1 and vx1. I plan on going vx1 eventually either way, but money is certainly an issue in my young life. I had the vx2 for a full year and a half, with many lens hits, but it only just broke. A year and a half is pretty long time for the kind of shit it has to go through i would presume. Im also kind of iffy about using an 800$ lens, I didn't really have a problem trying to film really close to people and stuff because i wasn't worried about breaking a 200$ fisheye. Im also not sure if my filming is on the level that it should be for a true mk1 vx1 hero

Thoughts/suggestions/etc.. Thanks

I'm a definite vx1 fan, but at this point in time I'm starting to question if they're worth the trouble. Don't get me wrong, I love the look but for a lot of people it's just not feasible to have such an unpredictable and expensive to repair camera. if I were you I'd probably get a vx2100 and a mk1 if what you have right now isn't wide enough. Or go HD, it's really what YOU want. If you want to shoot with a vx1 mk1, save up the money and go for it

• Like 1

I really want to. But Im going to baby it like a baby and that doesn't always make good clips. Also already have a complete hd setup

if you go vx1 your gonna need to set money aside for repairs unless your good with fixing it yourself. if your get a vx1 your gonna have to put constant money into it. Maybe its time to go hd or get a dvx cause they never die

From my research it looks like the CCDs misaligned when it got hit.

Pink recording, but can play back other footage just fine.

I tried to hit the side as so many SP members have suggested in old threads with no luck haha.

Thanks for the replies

Need a bigger hammer. Ha, no, hitting it won't help, the CCD's are fine, and it's typically a cheap fix. Well, compared to buying another cam anyway. $150 to $200 will fix the problem and get the heads and tape path cleaned. It's a very common failure when they get hit.

• Like 1