SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
tomicardenas

Which Handle?

Hey so im getting a 6d apparently, and i want to get rid of my opteka x grip and dive into something more professional, i referred to the ''handle hungry'' topic but links are down or its just messy... I love the eazy handle v2, but its like 230 bucks, and my budget is around 100-150... I want something like the eazyhandle style if you know what i mean

I have seen the SE but i think ill ask for some extra cash and get the v2, it seems like is really worth it hmmm, and quick question, does someone have the rode videomic GO? Is it worth it? Cuz videomic pro seems kinda expensive

I have the Videomic Go. I really like it. Doesn't require batteries which is awesome. There's some clips on my YouTube of it, plus a whole video of just testing it.

if you're just filming skateboarding the go is good enough if you set your settings right. i usually set them a little quieter than peaking and then bring it back up in post and add some bass.

the takstar sgc 598 is a 40 dollar mic that is really good actually for its price, i just sold mine so i could save for my 6d, there are lot of comparisons between the takstar and the videomic PRO, but there is none versus the GO... But i think i might go for the GO, lol

The go doesn't have power so you'll get significantly more noise depending on your preamps. F you can afford it get the pro

The go doesn't have power so you'll get significantly more noise depending on your preamps. F you can afford it get the pro

i dont have $$ for the PRO, so, should i go for the takstar or the GO?

i dont have $$ for the PRO, so, should i go for the takstar or the GO?

I've had both. Honestly the Takstar is fine for fish, but once you turn it up for long lens, it gets noisy as hell. I'd probably splurge for the Rode. Also not having to worry about batteries is tight.

I've had both. Honestly the Takstar is fine for fish, but once you turn it up for long lens, it gets noisy as hell. I'd probably splurge for the Rode. Also not having to worry about batteries is tight.

yeah, you are right, but its true that the go has a lot background noise, and not that ''bass'' sound, im thinking of maybe spending about 60 bucks more and buy a PRO used... Because i know it is worth it, and it will be probably my mike forever haha

ps: i already ordered my 6d with the 24-105, eazy handle v2, and now ill order the pro used, cant wait for stuff to arrive, so hyped, but now i just need to sell some stuff, and save so i can get the canon 8-15 fish asap

Has anyone used a smaller hotshoe handle? I'd like to keep my rig down on size for skateboarding, but it seems a little sketchy having it only held on by a hotshoe mount