SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
aylwardd

Vx2000 Weird Colours

Ribbon cables are loose I would imagine. Maybe get a nice set of screwdrivers and perform some exploratory surgery to see if you can figure it out. I would contact the seller though unless he mentioned this in the description

Ribbon cables are loose I would imagine. Maybe get a nice set of screwdrivers and perform some exploratory surgery to see if you can figure it out. I would contact the seller though unless he mentioned this in the description

thats kind of what i thought at first, but you can still see the battery life, all the menus, etc. When the ribbon cable is gone wouldn't you just see nothing through the viewfinder.

Might be a bad connection between the sensor and the lcd which would cause messed up image but leave the on screen functions. Or it got hit hard in transit and the CCDs got knocked out of alignment

2 possibilities. First, and least likely at this point, the Prism Block has failed. Thousands of them failed and Sony replaced them for free for a year or 2. That was some years back. They still fail, just not often. I have them if it is the case though. 2nd, and more likely, possibility, on impact the ribbon off the Prism Block to the main board gets stressed and fractures the connector on the main board. Seen hundreds of them.

• Like 1

2 possibilities. First, and least likely at this point, the Prism Block has failed. Thousands of them failed and Sony replaced them for free for a year or 2. That was some years back. They still fail, just not often. I have them if it is the case though. 2nd, and more likely, possibility, on impact the ribbon off the Prism Block to the main board gets stressed and fractures the connector on the main board. Seen hundreds of them.

Okay thanks, is this something that you think I could fix at home or should it be sent away, what is the ballpark rate for this fix?

Not really, in either case, unless it were the prism block (CCD'S) and you had a good used one. New you have to buy the block and the boards separately. Huge money and skilled soldering required. If it's fracturing at the connector on the main board it's very fine soldering. I mean, I don't know you're skill level so maybe you can. $175ish. If other work is needed, like to the deck, I'd let you know before doing it if were going to add to the cost. On the 2000 ad 2100 I like to break them down completely and inspect everything from the lens back. They're amazingly reliable cams as long as they're serviced properly.

Not really, in either case, unless it were the prism block (CCD'S) and you had a good used one. New you have to buy the block and the boards separately. Huge money and skilled soldering required. If it's fracturing at the connector on the main board it's very fine soldering. I mean, I don't know you're skill level so maybe you can. $175ish. If other work is needed, like to the deck, I'd let you know before doing it if were going to add to the cost. On the 2000 ad 2100 I like to break them down completely and inspect everything from the lens back. They're amazingly reliable cams as long as they're serviced properly.

Okay thanks, thats all really good information. Ill send you a PM if we decide to send it off.

It looks like your having difficulty with your video circuit, if you take your camera apart and put it back together again (usually works if you just take it apart until you get to the lens) it resolves the issue, I've done it many times myself!

Message me if you need any help!