SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
AGFilms

Mini Dv To Computer, Then To Vhs, Then To Computer.

Hello guys, I want to make my VX footy look like vhs, and want to rewind while capturing and all that shit too. U know what im saying

So the thing would be, capturing mini dv to computer which I do everyday, but then I want to burn the footy into a vhs. Then capture it again from the vcr to my computer so it stays on that vhs style.

Heard something about burning VX clips to a dvd, then plug the dvd player into a vcr. Capture the dvd from the vcr. Then vcr to a blank dvd and then to computer. But well it sounds kind of nonsense,

I dont know what cables I need, I got the mini dv cam to capture, a dvd player and a vcr so im ready haha. If somebody knows how to do this or maybe if there is another way, it would really help. Thanks!

option 1 - use an actual vhs camera

option 2 - do something original

option 3 - if the previous suggestions have failed, get one of these

13342-1296227089-scart.jpg

(make sure it has the switch) and an rgb lead for your vx. plug your camera into your tv and record the footage on to vhs. then flip the switch and the tv output should appear on your camera screen. from there you can capture the images off the tv as normal

Scart In/Out SVHS

found it, thanks

so i dont think i understood well, you meant rca for the vx?.

plug the camera to the tv, then tv to vcr to capture the footage on a vhs.

then i switch the button to OUT and the vhs footage appears on my camera?

so i need a rca or rgb lead as you said. But what i dont know is in what process do i need the Scart In/Out SVHS???

sorry if i didnt understand, english is not my main language.

sorry i didn't explain it too well, but sounds like you've got it right. from what i remember when i tried it, i couldn't get the footage from the tv to appear on my camera until i got one with a switch. so plug in everything as follows

VX > rca cable > scart SVHS > TV > VHS player

then you can record from your vx onto vhs as normal. then i'm pretty sure if you flick the switch it will reverse everything and the signal from your tv will appear on your vx when it's in playback mode.

if you need me too i will dig all my stuff out and test it for you to make sure i've got it right but i think that's correct

great! so now I understand it perfectly. The only weird thing i need is a TV that has that scart input, It doesnt seems too common.

do you know if it works using a scart to rca? obviously having a tv with 2 rca inputs

btw thanks it really helped, hope it works!

great! so now I understand it perfectly. The only weird thing i need is a TV that has that scart input, It doesnt seems too common.

do you know if it works using a scart to rca? obviously having a tv with 2 rca inputs

btw thanks it really helped, hope it works!

Can somebody explain to me why you need the tv? Can't you use the scart connection on the vcr?

Or does that not give you the 'poor' results you're looking for? Or is scart so uncommon in the us that vcr's don't have it like they do in europe?

that's a good point, you don't actually need a tv haha.

VCRs must all have scart cables, surely? plug the camera straight in to the VCR. you'll just have to do a little test to make sure it's recording