SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
movingparticles

Capture Options

So my only computer that I have that can take a fire wire input for my vx2 is my old mac book but it is like really slow. My main computer that I use doesn't have a fire wire port on it. Is there any thing like a usb to fire wire that I could pick up for my laptop ? kinda like a converter or something

do you have a newer mac that has a thunderbolt port or just one that doesn't have it at all?

You can't use any type of adapter for capturing mini dv. Its impossible.

i haven't heard any for windows, but i use a thunderbolt adapter for my capturing and it works fine

i haven't heard any for windows, but i use a thunderbolt adapter for my capturing and it works fine

Oh forgot to mention for windows. Yea on mac i heard its all good. But windows is a no go.

• Like 1

Oh forgot to mention for windows. Yea on mac i heard its all good. But windows is a no go.

looks like i need to get a new computer then...fuck lol that feeling when your broke. and like the only way I can capture is with an external capture card with like the av cables. Thats all I got lol so idk. you guys know of any macs that are like decently priced? maybe some older ones?

looks like i need to get a new computer then...fuck lol that feeling when your broke. and like the only way I can capture is with an external capture card with like the av cables. Thats all I got lol so idk. you guys know of any macs that are like decently priced? maybe some older ones?

I bought a firewire pci card for my compute. Goes in like graphics card. Works everytime