SkatePerception

i want to know your guys thoughts on Nike SB. Do you like them as a company, because people are saying fuck nike because they are corporate and not a skater run organization or whatever, and are their shoes living up to the price that they are (not just the janoskis)?

another thing to add is i always thought thrasher was like the most skater oriented site ever like when i think of something that was covering skateboarding from the early days its thrasher but they sell their shit in zumiez, idk that just threw me off a little knowing that.

fuck zumiez, support your local shop

living in Portland Nike SB did treat the community and i very well

they would have private sessions at their park in the SE industrial area where they gave out free shoes

so i guess how i feel is: what do you mean by Nike SB?

do you mean the CEO? i have no idea who that is

do you mean the ethics of big business? i personally dislike that

do you mean their staff and curators? well, it's fucking Nike. they will have the best of the best

it's apparent that big business is taking over the skate shoe industry. God speed Huf

Thrasher is a skateboarding brand and makes low quality products, and nike is not a skateboarding brand but makes high quality products.

i used to not care.. but recently nike threw my local skateshop into so much debt that it's a wonder they're even still running after firing everyone and shutting down one of their locations. they do seedy corporate shit to skateshops, and don't care to help em. Fuck nike and fuck the corrupt capitalism that's killing skateboarding

• Like 1

Thrasher is a skateboarding brand and makes low quality products, and nike is not a skateboarding brand but makes high quality products.

bro nike are 16 cent made pieces of shit wtf are u saying?

heavy manny... fuck

why are more people not aware of this? maybe you should post it on slap

i think it's been posted

• Like 1

if you wanna know more about it read this, it's about my local shop and their issues with nike

http://www.skateboardstory.com/interviews/ed-selego/

http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2013/07/16/the-marc-johnson-interview/

Marc pointed out the same problems with Nike three years ago

"Big Company has a policy where if a skateshop wants to carry that ONE shoe that everyone wants, the skateshop is forced to carry ALL of their shoes. FORCED to carry all of their shoes. When those shoes don’t sell, the skateshop goes into debt and that debt gets bigger and bigger until the skateshop goes out of business. Your local shop owes Big Company a lot of money and must continue to sell the popular shoe just to pay their bills, and then they go even deeper into debt because the other Big Company shoes don’t sell at all. No one wants them. But skateshop is forced to carry those shoes too in order to be able to sell the one popular shoe. And now, skateshop doesn’t even have a choice about what they order. Shoes just randomly show up at the shop, and now skateshop owes Big Company money for product they didn’t even order.

Who the fuck does that to a skateshop????

Obviously someone who doesn’t care about the skateshops, skateboarding or skateboarders. It’s terrible. Skateboarding footwear brands don’t do that shit to skateshops. Skate Footwear brands let the shops decide what shoes they want to carry. Skate Footwear company doesn’t force skateshops to do anything they don’t want to do, or strong-arm them into a debt-slavery relationship."