SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
Julienmm

Charge Money For Prints - Skate Photo

Ok,

First of all, I know that some of you may charge a lot for a 8x12 official signed print, but thats not what I want to go with this.

Im currently shooting for free for a lot of skater and I provide them print when asked for what it actually cost to print the photo.

Im really new to this ( print/art world ) and I was just wondering how much do you charge for your printed photo ... do you charge the same to the skater vs a random person or a brand .....

Do you put your signature on the back or front + 1/1 to mark it as an original unique print ....

Typically for inkjet printing paper sizes are 8.5 x 11(letter), 11x 17(tabloid), 13 x 19(super B), and 17 x 22 (ansi c). I personally wouldn't feel comfortable sending out my photos to a print house for inferior C prints. Inkjet is archival while a Chromogenic print fades much sooner. I have my own printer and often make prints for other photographers and artists. If I'm selling a print of my own image I usually make a 13 x 19 inch (size matters) and typically sell them for $40 usd. Sometimes I'll charge less if it's for a certain person like if it's the person in the photograph, but I charge parents full price. I don't sign or number my prints unless the buyer requests I sign it. If somebody asks for a 1/1 print you charge more and never print that photograph again. That type of thing is usually done by bigger name photographers to add value to their prints by keeping them rare.

Typically for inkjet printing paper sizes are 8.5 x 11(letter), 11x 17(tabloid), 13 x 19(super B), and 17 x 22 (ansi c). I personally wouldn't feel comfortable sending out my photos to a print house for inferior C prints. Inkjet is archival while a Chromogenic print fades much sooner. I have my own printer and often make prints for other photographers and artists. If I'm selling a print of my own image I usually make a 13 x 19 inch (size matters) and typically sell them for $40 usd. Sometimes I'll charge less if it's for a certain person like if it's the person in the photograph, but I charge parents full price. I don't sign or number my prints unless the buyer requests I sign it. If somebody asks for a 1/1 print you charge more and never print that photograph again. That type of thing is usually done by bigger name photographers to add value to their prints by keeping them rare.

Thanks, actually im dealing with a pro lab and print matte photo on professional fujifilm paper usually 12x18 for a good price so I charge the skater the cost + shipping !