SkatePerception

Hey guys. Haven't been on here for awhile. Anyway, just finished up my full length, now I'm tryna make some DVDs. I got the basic settings figured out (quicktime reference file to compressor mpeg 2 blah etc.) Basically I'm just trying to figure out how to have the DVD play in 4x3 ratio. On compressor I have 4x3 selected, but every time I burn from compressor the video plays in full screen 16x9 ratio. I don't have dvd studio pro or iDVD, but if either of those will solve my problem I can figure out how to get em. If anyone has any input that would be nice I'm in a bit of a rush to get these finished so any feedback is appreciated. thanks :~)

edit: using fcp7 // also looks like this got posted twice my bad. delete the other one without the edit

Yo seriously no ones got anything? Just need my vid 2 play in 4x3 on the tee vee

• Like 1

im pretty sure it has something to do with your tv settings or dvd player settings. you can change the aspect ratio that way. there should be an option to play it with bars on the side, and in a 4:3 ratio. Not quite sure if youre playing it on a tv thats already 4:3 and its putting into widescreen? but if you have a widescreen tv, you just need to change the settings on the tv.

im pretty sure it has something to do with your tv settings or dvd player settings. you can change the aspect ratio that way. there should be an option to play it with bars on the side, and in a 4:3 ratio. Not quite sure if youre playing it on a tv thats already 4:3 and its putting into widescreen? but if you have a widescreen tv, you just need to change the settings on the tv.

Thanks Alex. I had a feeling that might have been the issue, but didn't check the tv settings until you said that. Now the only issue is that the audio goes out of sync about 1/4 way through

that should just be the dvd player. If it's older, it may not be able to process the information fast enough. try it on another dvd player