SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
idontskate1

Trippy Yet Frequent Vx1000 Look

Before i start the settings on my vx1000 are usually (on sunny days) shutter speed 1000 f-stop 8 - 11 colour level and sharpness all the way up and the neutral density filter is off.

I am seeing frequently in other filmers footage a noticable "pop" of the skater from the back ground which is usually chactorized by a vibrant border around the skater with a blurry or just low quality look that fills the skaters body. I have seen this happen mostly when the background is whited out whether it be an overcast day or the camera is taking in too much light and the whole shot is on blast. Any help to how i could set my camera up to acheive this look is greatly appreciated. If you dont know what im talking about watch cuddybuddy by snotjob as that is the best example I can find.

Seriously, thats it?

Maybe I am not 100%. But that might be a combination of that and some other stuff. I see that happen in videos all the time. White balance also? I have never had my footage ever turn out like that. Follow beagles vx tutorial on colors.

I am seeing frequently in other filmers footage a noticable "pop" of the skater from the back ground which is usually chactorized by a vibrant border around the skater with a blurry or just low quality look that fills the skaters body.

pretty sure the pro filmers achieve this effect by smearing fresh vaseline on a tv screen thats playing back the footage and then refilming it.

pretty sure the pro filmers achieve this effect by smearing fresh vaseline on a tv screen thats playing back the footage and then refilming it.

Why not just put vaseline straight on the fisheye?

Why not just put vaseline straight on the fisheye?

it interferes with the intended barrel distortion and can remove the uv coating from the optics if used too excessively.

• Like 1

it interferes with the intended barrel distortion and can remove the uv coating from the optics if used too excessively.

Sounds like a load of shit, have any ideas how to set up my camera though?

Before i start the settings on my vx1000 are usually (on sunny days) shutter speed 1000 f-stop 8 - 11 colour level and sharpness all the way up and the neutral density filter is off.

I am seeing frequently in other filmers footage a noticable "pop" of the skater from the back ground which is usually chactorized by a vibrant border around the skater with a blurry or just low quality look that fills the skaters body. I have seen this happen mostly when the background is whited out whether it be an overcast day or the camera is taking in too much light and the whole shot is on blast. Any help to how i could set my camera up to acheive this look is greatly appreciated. If you dont know what im talking about watch cuddybuddy by snotjob as that is the best example I can find.

haha these people are trolling you. All you need to do is make sure the skater is exposed first, over the background, since they are the subject of the shot. second, go into custom presets and bump your sharpness all the way up. Personally, all the way up to me is a little too much, i go one away from the top.