SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
Hendrix.dslr

Capture Cam/device?

Hey guys. i've got my hands on a dvx mk2 mix and i want to look after the camera as best i can, i've heard a lot about having a second camera for capture or a capture device and i was wondering if someone could explain this to me and why i shouldn't capture from the same camera. i was also wondering if anyone has experience with the dvx100 and the mk2 fisheye, is there a way to get the screen to display the actual image or does anyone know how far i should zoom in so the little sun shade isnt in the footage? thanks.

from my understanding, capturing on the camera will put unnecessary wear on the heads and shorten their lifespan/ increase your need to have them cleaned.

ok i can understand that, is there any reason people would say to avoid capturing from with anything except the camera you filmed the tape on?

ok i can understand that, is there any reason people would say to avoid capturing from with anything except the camera you filmed the tape on?

To not put "dirtyness" that might be in you capture camera into your expensive camera. To avoid this just use the entire tape and then capture the tape on your capture camera.

To not put "dirtyness" that might be in you capture camera into your expensive camera. To avoid this just use the entire tape and then capture the tape on your capture camera.

And then not re-use the tape afterwards? damn i really wish all the old posts were still accessible

Yea do not reuse that tape you already filled up. Your footage will just be one entire glitch. Or at least that how it always happened to me before.

Yea do not reuse that tape you already filled up. Your footage will just be one entire glitch. Or at least that how it always happened to me before.

Shit, i'm going to need a lot of tapes

Shit, i'm going to need a lot of tapes

Never enough tapes. And its cool to see how many you collect over the years.

Never enough tapes. And its cool to see how many you collect over the years.

So are you saying i should not rewrite over them at all? like 1 tape 1 trick sort of thing?

So are you saying i should not rewrite over them at all? like 1 tape 1 trick sort of thing?

Do not re use a tape. Use the entire tape all the way through, but don't rewind it and then re record over it.

Do not re use a tape. Use the entire tape all the way through, but don't rewind it and then re record over it.

Well fuck haha thanks for telling me I didn't know about that.

Well fuck haha thanks for telling me I didn't know about that.

Yea of course. If you have any other questions just drop them in a PM