SkatePerception

Welcome back to SP.  As you may realize, things may look a little different but it's all still here.

Things to make note of:

• I updated the software to the latest version so your display name will be your original user name... I could manually go and update them if necessary
  • If you were a moderator, you may still be one but I'm likely to clean up the extensive list to something reasonable
  • Many forums got merged together to save on wasted scrolling space just to get to AAG
  • While SP was down, Photobucket changed their policy for hot linking photos, so there's bound to be thousands of broken images on here... That's out of my control
  • This new software is way different than the stuff that was used previously, so hang with me as I figure stuff out
  • There's an abundance of pinned topics cluttering everything up... This is an artifact of merging so many forums together and will be a manual process to clean up

So what happened to SP?  Long story short, I was getting a little bummed on the place as it had been a great collaborative community for nearly 10 years and then went off the rails as a spot for idiots and trolls so when some big bills for overages came in, I said "screw it, shut it off" and let it die.  Fortunately over that year and half I received many emails, DM's and even people giving me shit in person about bringing it back.  So here's to seeing if we can restore it to a place that fosters learning and all of that stuff.  I hope you all enjoy, I'll look forward to seeing what everybody has been up to.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 8

22 minutes ago, sos said:

Hey there, buddy.

This would be a little more monumental if we weren't in daily contact.

4 minutes ago, SteveLaClair said:

This would be a little more monumental if we weren't in daily contact.

Who said I was talking to you?

• Like 3

Just realized this thread wasn’t open to replies outside of the moderators. Just fixed that, small example of all the little dumb stuff to clean up. 

Yay. As it is a place I learned how to practically film and use my camera. Plus, when I started skating back when I was 12-13 back in 05-06 and I remember this being up then. It definitely holds nostalgia for me.

#blessed.

maybe 2018 won't suck afterall.

• Like 2

Damn. I'm like member # 50 something and hearing that this was coming back made me come back myself, 10 years later.

WORD

Thanks for the revival. This place shaped a lot of our careers... this was my first group of friends I've never met. Lots of prime time memories here

• Like 1

Damn, Im so stoked. Excited to post things I've been up to and see what everyone else has been doing.

I was about to off myself, but since SP back, I'll hang around and film some skating. GOD DAMN THIS FEELS SOOOOOO GOOOOD!!!

SP BIRDWOLF TOUR 2018!!!!!!

JK

I'd like to stick around especially since I don't have facebook anymore. Good to see everyone who has posted. This is both overwhelming me with nostalgia and terrifying me to the core with the thought of reading my previous posts. 

• Like 2

On 1/31/2018 at 11:30 AM, beartown said:

I'd like to stick around especially since I don't have facebook anymore. Good to see everyone who has posted. This is both overwhelming me with nostalgia and terrifying me to the core with the thought of reading my previous posts. 

I find it's easier to not read the old stuff and remember that we all grow as adults and stuff.

• Like 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.