SkatePerception
SteveLaClair

What the hell have you been up to?

Figured it couldn't hurt to have a roll call and see what everybody has been up to.

I've been an old man (older than ever), barely skating but I still keep up with it all.  A lot of life hammers in the past few months, got engaged, expecting a baby boy (Dylan) in March, got my MBA from NC State and bought a place in Raleigh to store all of these things, make meatloaf, etc.

Hope everybody else is doing well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Still taking photos. Still a programmer. Still an asshole. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Taking pix of mostly non skateboarding things now. Moved from LA to Seattle a couple years ago. Working in marketing. Lots of backpacking and motorcycles and stuff.

• Like 1

Started a magazine. Met a bunch of people from here on a trip. Skating with ivan.

• Like 1

in a deep meditative hibernation awaiting the return of perception and continuing spiritual the search for the metaphysical prophets known as gooby and hai2u2

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, FLstrange said:

in a deep meditative hibernation awaiting the return of perception and continuing spiritual the search for the metaphysical prophets known as gooby and hai2u2

It will be interesting to see if hai2u2 is still alive.

• Like 2

Just now, SteveLaClair said:

It will be interesting to see if hai2u2 is still alive.

i eagerly await the return of lord hai2u2 and high shaman goobs to bless the forum with their holy presence.

Finished uni, also started a mag, broken my foot twice, moved to Spain. I've missed how much this site got me hyped on photography!

• Like 1

I hope you don't think less of me because I forgot what my old password was. And well, also the user. The old email too. Clean slate baby!

2 hours ago, sos said:

Still taking photos. Still a programmer. Still an asshole. 

You didn’t even talk about your new friends. I knew I liked you. 

• Like 2

I moved into a van and just have been traveling and skating or whatever.  Mostly LA and SF but I'm about to head to Florida

Hai2u is alive yes, I have spoken with him a bit

edit:  Oh and thx so much for getting this back online Steve!

• Like 1

I'm almost 30 now, unfortunately skateboarding and photography aren't something I really do anymore...that bums me out. Maybe with the revival of this site I can get back into it. Are D50s still good?

• Like 1

I've been buying stupid amounts of photo equipment over the past 2-3 years and doing very little with it. What a time to be alive.

• Like 3

Ive been shooting mostly weddings now and I know Im not the only one. Where John D at
Old as hell almost never skate but hoping to do more this year

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AnalMouth said:

Ive been shooting mostly weddings now and I know Im not the only one. Where John D at
Old as hell almost never skate but hoping to do more this year

John Danielson? We chat on insta every now and then. He works for the Houston Museum of Natural Science - still shooting skating too!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Did peoples names get reverted somehow? I see Andrew is back to fruitboot. 

Just got my bachelors a month ago in CS. Programming and at my current software gig until June where I start my first 'big boy' job. Thx you Steve btw!

Kinda hyped SP is back. I used to be on here everyday back in early high school.

Recently, I graduated college with a degree in accounting and started working at a firm. BUT I still skate almost every weekend and currently working on another video that I should drop mid February.

4 hours ago, FLstrange said:

4 hours ago, FLstrange said:

i eagerly await the return of lord hai2u2 and high shaman goobs to bless the forum with their holy presence.

I honestly think something very unfortunate has happen to Hai.

I don't know if anyone besides FL really cares what I've been up to but I'm in the process of extricating myself as much as possible from the matrix by reducing my cost of living to virtually nothing allowing me to save a lot amount of money with little output. To make money I do graphic and web design and just put a down payment on an enclosed trailer which I'll be converting to an off-grid camper and moving into when it's done to travel the country. I think the first place I'm going is California to skate my heart out.

I'm still working on THA HIGH LIFE and would like to have product made by the time I hit the road but if not I definitely will shortly after. Here's the website I'm working on for it (it's not finished): http://thahigh.life

That's my extremely reserved answer.

• Like 2

Graduated from College. English degree, so I bartend and shoot weddings on weekends.

Got two dogs, both border collie mixes. 

Got engaged. I introduce her to people as my ex-girlfriend. 

Still shoot a lot of film. Built a darkroom in my basement. 

Stopped skating years ago, but last time I was on a board I landed a PRISTINE kickflip.