SkatePerception
SteveLaClair

What the hell have you been up to?

27 minutes ago, Goob said:

I honestly think something very unfortunate has happen to Hai.

I don't know if anyone besides FL really cares what I've been up to but I'm in the process of extricating myself as much as possible from the matrix by reducing my cost of living to virtually nothing allowing me to save a lot amount of money with little output. To make money I do graphic and web design and just put a down payment on an enclosed trailer which I'll be converting to an off-grid camper and moving into when it's done to travel the country. I think the first place I'm going is California to skate my heart out.

I'm still working on THA HIGH LIFE and would like to have product made by the time I hit the road but if not I definitely will shortly after. Here's the website I'm working on for it (it's not finished): http://thahigh.life

That's my extremely reserved answer.

good on you for making efforts on escaping the grid, making plans move someplace where you can skate more, and continuing your memoirs. but whats happened to my boi lord hai?

10 minutes ago, FLstrange said:

good on you for making efforts on escaping the grid, making plans move someplace where you can skate more, and continuing your memoirs. but whats happened to my boi lord hai?

I'm not going to go into too much detail publicly but I believe he's either simply lost his mind or been the victim of some kind of traumatic abuse, possibly at the hands of some rather powerful people.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Goob said:

I'm not going to go into too much detail publicly but I believe he's either simply lost his mind or been the victim of some kind of traumatic abuse, possibly at the hands of some rather powerful people.

sorry to hear that, hope things turn out ok for him. i guess he was for real about some of the stuff he was talking about on here, i thought he was just having fun with all that lore he was creating. brings a whole new meaning to his posts.

6 hours ago, SteveLaClair said:

A lot of life hammers in the past few months, got engaged, expecting a baby boy (Dylan) in March

Hell yeah steve! I had a kid last year. Baby girl named Louise. It's wild, but it's the best. CONGRADULATIONSSS

• Like 1

Haven't skateboarded in a long time. Got married, working on buying a house, working from home as a full stack JS dev for a certain Pharma Bro.

u bi?

• Like 1

Started at the local JC

Finished up a few skate videos, this one being my best, another just about done and retiring my VX. 

Picked up photography and sorta dropped the video stuff though.

Honestly been thinking about SP every once in a while whenever I need help on shit but it was gone and done, but now ooooo Im glad y'all are back. And also gunna start lurking less

I think I joined when SP was kinda dying so no one would really know me, but I'm currently going to school for Film and Video production. 

Haven't really done much skate video or photo recently, just lots of photoshop composites, landscapes, and some portraits.

I'm an electrician in Chicago, I still skate,  got married a couple years ago, no kids, I go to sleep early everyday and live in a small apartment until I can buy a house.  

Still filming and skating. I copped a VX1 yesterday, so I am hoping to get that soon and then, use my new pukka PC to edit on.

I don't get to skate as much as when I initially came on here because I work 9-5 (good 'ol unemployment and it's advantages to do nothing all day and skate all night etc etc).

But still doing the same stuff. Then again, compared to some posters I am merely a newbie.

FUCK I feel old now.

I left my job of 13 years, got a awesome career filming and animating stuff, I got married this past September, I adopted 3 cats, and I have my own company that films weddings. I don't skate at all anymore, but from time to time I will get out and film of my friends that still kill it.

I graduated high school, got really into cars, went to college at central Michigan university where I’m still attending now. Lotta bullshit happened, I met Logan Burris and nich Estes at a car show in Georgia too. I went to Europe which was dope.  It feels so good to be back and part of the community! 

Heres a pic of my car, if you wanna see more follow me on my Instagram! @joeyjacobss

6A91A359-92F1-4426-A895-35AAFE71CD52.jpeg

• Like 1

Finishing up my last year of school now. Plan on moving somewhere warm after I graduate. Still skate every chance I get and put out my first part in 2016. Started filming vx again and have been having a blast.

Made a slap account not too long ago but that place sucks. Hyped sp is back!! Thx Steve! 

EDIT: not hyped that my username is back to the og one. Can I go back to being just J? 

Howdy ya'll. I got a Master's, lived in rural Kenya, now work for a nonprofit in NYC. Don't skate or film anymore, but super happy SP and all its knowledge are back.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, nikovision said:

Haven't skateboarded in a long time. Got married, working on buying a house, working from home as a full stack JS dev for a certain Pharma Bro.

u bi?

Looks like your interest in javascript hasn't deviated much since your last profile update :)

I'm still in tech, got so jaded on having to stay smart that I moved over to sales.  Now I'm just a new kind of dumb.

3 hours ago, j3ntry said:

Finishing up my last year of school now. Plan on moving somewhere warm after I graduate. Still skate every chance I get and put out my first part in 2016. Started filming vx again and have been having a blast.

Made a slap account not too long ago but that place sucks. Hyped sp is back!! Thx Steve! 

EDIT: not hyped that my username is back to the og one. Can I go back to being just J? 

It has to be 3 characters long, but I can change it to whatever.

Thanks for bringing this back, Steve!

I'm currently taking some time away from college to really push my career. Sold the Vx700, bought a C100 Mark II :D

Anyone know what Kyran has been up to? Looks like he's killing it in LA. 

Damn, I joined SP on December 13, 2004. I was 14.

Wanted to become a film-maker, became a software developer instead. Still have a s16mm camera I plan to do a short with though.

Good to have SP back, it has a special place in my heart.

• Like 1

Oh the name reset is cringe worthy lol. I've been a firefighter/medic for 5 years now. Bought a house, traveling whenever I can. Skate every few months at the park. Hung up street skating years ago. I honestly have no clue what's happening in the pro skate world. 

On 1/17/2018 at 7:10 PM, rib_tipz said:

I got my bachelor's last May and I've been looking for a programming job since.

On 1/17/2018 at 8:28 PM, Mikon said:

Just got my bachelors a month ago in CS. Programming and at my current software gig until June where I start my first 'big boy' job. Thx you Steve btw!

ma dudezzzzz

Graphic design student, got a year left, I skate every day but only around campus. I sold my VX years ago, but I still shoot sometimes with my dslr

Idk if anyone remembers me (circa 2009) but I’m glad the site is back! It definitely helped spark my interest towards digital media & I hope it continues to do so with the younger generation of skate filmers/photogs 

heres a photo of my car and a little design I made, for the visual enrichment of this thread lol 

7794C61A-91D4-4662-88EB-2A15D7156BBF.jpeg

E9A55983-C175-40FD-A3C7-FFE20EC2600A.jpeg

Got a bachelors in digital media, still living in New York and taking skate trips to the west coast when possible?  Thinking about moving out to San Diego, any SD filmers on here?

Still skating and still filming! 22 years old now started filming when I was 15/16 back in 09/2010. Got my Vx2000 in 2011 and a mk1 not long after in spring of  2012. Crazy how time flies. Just randomly went thru my secondary email and saw this was up. Glad to see it's back.