SkatePerception
SteveLaClair

What the hell have you been up to?

10 hours ago, DysFuNCtioNal337 said:

We should bring back the SP yearly montage! haha 

SP montage would be harder these days since some people film HD and some SD. And mixing 4:3 and 16:9 footage looks so gross.. Could separate it with two songs i guess. Either way, make the thread, start the discussion. I back it. 

I got sober 3 years ago.  I skate way more than I did for the last 6 years.  Filmed a video part which I haven't done since I was 16.  Built a darkroom at my house and shoot as much film as I can. 

I mean, I work in a restaurant, but I'm enjoying more of the stuff I was missing out on.

• Like 4

Congrats on the incoming kid, Steve.

I got married and moved to FL for sellout reasons. I still get back to CO quite a bit for family and friends.

I don't suppose snowperception is revivable? Flying Tomato season and all...

1 hour ago, b0rderman said:

Congrats on the incoming kid, Steve.

I got married and moved to FL for sellout reasons. I still get back to CO quite a bit for family and friends.

I don't suppose snowperception is revivable? Flying Tomato season and all...

haha no, that died a long time ago.  The interest never really picked up.

PS: It's okay to sell out, eventually we all do.

• Like 1

What’s up guys. It’s been a minute. 

Me and Andrea just recently moved back to Florida and bought a house. I’m a full time UI/UX designer now working remote for a small start up, and make electronic music in my free time. Andrea is also a UI/UX designer as well. We’re 27 now and coming up on a 10 year anniversary. 

I still skate a little bit, but the majority of my free time is spent between working on personal design projects for portfolio and making music. But I’ve been trying to skate more lately. Most of my FL homies moved out of state but my filmer homie just moved back so we might go out and skate soon. I’m a chubby fuckin piece of shit now so on top of not skating very often, it’s also 100x harder lol. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

graduated , working as the assistant director/lead educator of an after-school program at an elementary school in oakland. i wanna be in education but right now my time is split doing community organizing work wit youth. im making hella music and shooting hella photos with the date stamp on. if youre using an accurate date stamp on your photos hmu

also im looking to drive from berkeley ca, to jackson hole wyoming the first week of April so anyone who wants to meet up/come is welcome

On 2/20/2018 at 10:06 AM, SteveLaClair said:

PS: It's okay to sell out, eventually we all do.

Not everyone.

I've been around SP for awhile but was always mainly a lurker. Just started my 2nd programming job out of school doing finance shiz. Shout out to Thomas Rolinger for helping me with C++ back in the day when I was studying Mech Eng. I was stuck on basic ass shit then and hated programming because I viewed it as some irrelevant class. Learned to hate Mech Eng more and learned to love programming. Gonna go skate tomorrow -- I still suck at that. 

Thanks for the forums Steve.

• Like 1

Damn it’s been a while! a lot since 2005, learnt a trade that I hated after school, changed job like 4 times, stopped skating for a few years, moved to the other side of Australia, slowly got back into skating, move back to the west side, worked various jobs and saved up enough to move to Germany (now) and trying to skate atleast once a week, good thing there’s instagram now, watching clips motivates me to get out on the board :) 

Got married, moved to Japan for a few years, now backpacking for 8 months, heading to school this September for my Master of Architecture at the ripe age of 28.

Am I #oldmanclub yet?

On 3/1/2018 at 11:00 PM, Shakezoola said:

graduated , working as the assistant director/lead educator of an after-school program at an elementary school in oakland. i wanna be in education but right now my time is split doing community organizing work wit youth. im making hella music and shooting hella photos with the date stamp on. if youre using an accurate date stamp on your photos hmu

also im looking to drive from berkeley ca, to jackson hole wyoming the first week of April so anyone who wants to meet up/come is welcome

this is right up my alley man, super versed in Wyoming and California and i'm a traveler too.  maybe i'll be around

my Facebook is Daniel Neemann

do you skate Waller or SOMA in SF?  maybe I already know you?

SkatePerception legend here, ACSlater. I've been doin' my thing. Skating, music, and skrate up partying. Good to see some of the old heads in here. I'm back, and with a vengeance.

Oh yeah, Ladytron- bluejeans.

-FIN-

Damn, heard this was back up and had to search through some threads to remember my user name to log in ?

well since this site went down I had graduated high school, went to Columbia Chicago for Cinematography, realized it wasn’t totally me, so have since dropped that and I’m now at a local community college studying architecture. Dont really skate like I used to due to work, can’t really hurt myself like I used to be able to. But have seen found myself really into cars, and enjoy drifting when I have a chance at some local events. 

Suprised to see see how many people are back on and are familiar users from predeath