SkatePerception
tats

What photo stuff happened while SP was away?

6 hours ago, Jake J said:

KEH.com my man, BGN condition. Thing is cosmetically not great but picture quality not affected. Best decision I ever made. I have other gear, but I'm constantly reaching for it above all others. It's a blast to shoot with and it's the sharpest glass I've ever owned. Changed my whole style of shooting. 

Ill keep my eyes on there.  I'm cool with BGN gear. So long as it shoots I'm good. are you shooting with the 65mm or the 80mm? Trying to decide. I think I prefer the 80mm. 

• Like 1

I haven't bought or sold any cameras (or lenses for that matter) since SP went down.  I still shoot film but not as much as I used to, I'm probably sitting on about 10+ rolls of undeveloped 35mm and 6 rolls of 120 (some dating back 10+ years at this point).  Once of these days I'll get around to developing and scanning it all... 

• Like 1

ya photography lost all coherence. keep it all private, undeveloped in the fridge, and get around to it later, perfect mentality.

cock suckers running around at 1 million mph trying to get the shot, days are over, stay smoked out, let the shot come to you

• Like 1

• I was made into a sticker
  • I bought more VX1000's
  • I gave lots of cameras away
  • I have too much shot film in my freezer
  • I raise chickens
  • I bought processing chemistry again
  • I almost only use Micro Nikkor lenses now
  • I let the tunebomb domain registration lapse

I just realised that in the last year and a half Steve's avatar went from mildly funny to almost criminally offensive.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:50 AM, TuneBomb said:
  • I was made into a sticker
  • I bought more VX1000's
  • I gave lots of cameras away
  • I have too much shot film in my freezer
  • I raise chickens
  • I bought processing chemistry again
  • I almost only use Micro Nikkor lenses now
  • I let the tunebomb domain registration lapse

text me back you strange, isolated chicken farmer (miss you).

You still use this don't you?
medium02.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Curtis. said:

text me back you strange, isolated chicken farmer (miss you).

You still use this don't you?
medium02.jpg

Dude no they shut the network down. Thing still works though!

I don't have data so your texts are going to an iMessage account I won't log into. It's actually really annoying not paying for data cause phones half need it.

Current phone is an iPhone 4, I'll use it till they shut the network down I bet.

2 minutes ago, TuneBomb said:

Dude no they shut the network down. Thing still works though!

I don't have data so your texts are going to an iMessage account I won't log into. It's actually really annoying not paying for data cause phones half need it.

Hey man

On 2018-01-17 at 7:01 PM, tats said:

What happened to you that you needed some advice from SP while we were on the "Great Break"?

I really wanted to do some photo project of building a dark room in my small ass apartment. I was so confident that it would work out that I went and got second hand dark room equipment at a reasonable price from craigslist. All indications lead me to believe that I would be fine because I've done this before. My problem was figuring out what chems I needed. I asked around on instagram, asked on facebook messenger, and even talked with some people at the photo store, but i couldn't get all the resources in one place to actually know what I needed to do. So I buy some dev stop and fix, get it all sorted out in my bathroom, turn the fan on, and start thinking I know what I'm doing. I get out and I realized that my fan only moves air around in my bathroom and I was just inhaling fumes this whole time. I was in their for a while without anything to show for it. nothing came out wasted pretty much all the chem, and tons of photo paper. I was so turned around at work the next day that I went to the doctor. "Yeah maybe don't do that again". It was no one's fault but mine, but the whole reason i needed SP was I couldn't explain to anyone how and what happened. I needed to tell someone how Photography was almost the death of me.  

I just read this now and holy frig. Gnar.

I haven't needed advice but I feel like photo has been a big struggle for me for the last 5 years. Ever since it got hard to get film processed locally, and I started living on as little money as possible I've been frustrated.

What I have realized is that for me, making images is enough and I don't have to see them, also I'm jamming a Dadw800 which I mostly hate but the images are nice so I deal.

So I see pictures I take, but I don't see pictures I take.

• Like 1

I'm so happy about this.  Life recently has me pricing for Adorama's used department, skating and shooting when I can and just trying to enjoy life.  Got scuba certified and went through a phase of buying 35mm u/w lots on eBay, should be scanning my first attempt soon.  The years have been good and i'm glad to be back on here.

5 hours ago, TuneBomb said:

So I see pictures I take, but I don't see pictures I take.

2meta4me

1 hour ago, supabadmush said:

I'm so happy about this.  Life recently has me pricing for Adorama's used department, skating and shooting when I can and just trying to enjoy life.  Got scuba certified and went through a phase of buying 35mm u/w lots on eBay, should be scanning my first attempt soon.  The years have been good and i'm glad to be back on here.

plz post more underwater stuff.

Pretty much stopped shooting for a few years as film got super expensive (in the U.K. at least). Went to uni, got a BA and MA. Spent a year in China. Currently in Columbia on a 9 month journey from Mexico to Bolivia. Bought a Fuji XT-10 which I love.

Hope everyone’s doing well!

made a couple of photo books, released a full length video, started a quarterly skate mag, started skating bowls (I still suck, though)

• Like 1

On 1/21/2018 at 12:24 PM, Robert K. said:

I just realised that in the last year and a half Steve's avatar went from mildly funny to almost criminally offensive.

Shit, you're right... I'm sure the Mo Naked Hoes things came from Jordan Lewis circa 2008.  Probably time to switch it up.