SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
TonyZ

Backside Air - Roof Quarterpipe

The only weird thing is that you can't see the quarter pipe. Thank god everyone stopped wearing all black. 

Thanks for the feedback guys. I agree about the quarterpipe being somewhat hard to see from this angle, definitely my biggest gripe with this photo. I had originally stuck my arm further out and lower, and the contour of the quarterpipe from the outside was far more obvious, but he wasn't clearing over the rail from that angle. Another option I had was to have a flash from the right from the ground level aimed up at the contour of the qp to cancel out the shadows so you could see it more clearly, but I only had three and all were being used already.

For reference, you can see what the qp looks like from the inside in the lower level on the lower end of the frame, and you can see what the underside of the qp looks like at the top of the frame on the above level.

It's a tricky one, either you show the quarter pipe or you show the drop... Given that he's doing a bs air, the quarter pipe is assumed but the what's below couldn't be... You made the correct choice.  Also digging the gear, this just works.

I think this is a sick photo. Maybe the only time I'm ok with someone rocking those pink camos hahaha. I think the choice to shoot it from this side is more meaningful then showing the small quarterpipe. If anything, shooting from the other-side probably would have yielded an underwhelming photo so I back the decision. 

Is this the spot Raven Tershy 50d across?

41 minutes ago, Zendena said:

Is this the spot Raven Tershy 50d across?

Yup, it's fucked in person, that feeble was insane. It's somewhat famous in the Bay Area so I figured a lot of people would know the spot and thus I focused less on emphasizing the transition. Appreciate the feedback guys