SkatePerception
hdx

General Camera Handles Thread

Since Eazy Handle went out of the business, Opteka prolly too I was wondering what are you using these days? Personally my current setup is Panasonic G7 + SmallRig camera cage and a NATO handle. I was not satisfied with Eazy Handle's lack of portability as I had to constantly dismount my camera from it. It was a huge pain. Right now I have a cage on my camera all time and I just quickly remove the handle to pack it up. Ergonomically it's worse than EH as the balance is off but you can make that up with filming skill I suppose.

Nothing comes close to the Eazy Handle V2, in my opinion.

• Like 1

Using a small mirrorless camera. Two L brackets screwed together to make a C shape and then a hotshoe handle perpendicular to that has been working great, connects both by the hotshoe and tripod mount. Not as stable as something with the eazy handle form factor but super compact and convenient.

I use a full sized ronin... 😂

but i I do have an eazy handle v1 and v2 for sale if anyone’s interested. 

On a somewhat related note, since they are out of business, would it be legal to start reproducing them with the exact same dimensions? I didn’t think they had a patent or anything 

I was hoping this thread won't become a WTS thread :P Anyway, do you actually film lines with the Ronin? Can you share some footy?

1 minute ago, hdx said:

I was hoping this thread won't become a WTS thread :P Anyway, do you actually film lines with the Ronin? Can you share some footy?

Yeah I do film lines with the ronin, you can check out some vids on my Instagram @joeyjacobss 

10 minutes ago, joey9 said:

I use a full sized ronin... 😂

but i I do have an eazy handle v1 and v2 for sale if anyone’s interested. 

On a somewhat related note, since they are out of business, would it be legal to start reproducing them with the exact same dimensions? I didn’t think they had a patent or anything 

How much for the v2?

I had a v2 and sold it. Many sleepless njghts after that. I was lucky enough to rebuy it back from the person I sold it to. I dont know what camera bag you using @hdx but it fits into my dakine bag without having to take it apart or take the camera off.

I also sold mine when I switched to HPX. Now I'm switching back to a DSLR and I wish I never sold it. I was looking for one for months, but thanks to the return of SP I got one right away.

On 18-1-2018 at 5:52 PM, hdx said:

Since Eazy Handle went out of the business, Opteka prolly too I was wondering what are you using these days? Personally my current setup is Panasonic G7 + SmallRig camera cage and a NATO handle. I was not satisfied with Eazy Handle's lack of portability as I had to constantly dismount my camera from it. It was a huge pain. Right now I have a cage on my camera all time and I just quickly remove the handle to pack it up. Ergonomically it's worse than EH as the balance is off but you can make that up with filming skill I suppose.

I heard lots of good stories about the SmallRig cage setup, you can get way lower to the ground compared to when using the Eazy Handle.

Personally I love the way the Eazy Handle is balanced and all, but packing up is a pain in the ass for sure

I've been making my own handles for all the different types of DSLRs and just made one for my new mirror-less set-ups. I was thinking about making a dozen of each for the most common setups. here is a photo of my old canon set-up. I will post a thread about my new handles when I get a chance.

1375958_10201240526749318_2016773787_n.jpg

7 hours ago, Hvx1000 said:

@doyle where did you post? I'm currently looking and haven't had any luck 

Just in Classifieds. There's one on eBay right now, too.