SkatePerception

Long time filmer who started shooting some photos since Skate Perception was on break.  Let me know what you guys think5a6163dccaf28_TylerFrontBluntComptonHighSchool.thumb.jpg.f145f74b9a9d8f98a6dc8fb6cc01a3de.jpg5a6163c97acb7_TylerFrontBluntComptonHighSchool(SecondAngle).thumb.jpg.649beef5758670c2a678f982ab722c63.jpg

I like that you can see the face in the first one, even tho a but shot. 

Any thoughts on why you shot vertical? I feel like these could have been more effective with a bit more perspective (standing more towards the start of the rail) 

2 minutes ago, tats said:

I like that you can see the face in the first one, even tho a but shot. 

Any thoughts on why you shot vertical? I feel like these could have been more effective with a bit more perspective (standing more towards the start of the rail) 

I shot these vertical because on this particular trip I was making it a point to try to get the skater on a clean background which the sky offered at this spot.  

I appreciate the feedback

The first one doesn't do much for me, angle is kinda strange for a front blunt. The second one is better and has potential, you likely could have gotten lower and closer and framed him completely in the sky. That might have gotten rid of some of the sky on the top of the frame too, seems like a bit too much dead space near the top.

• Like 2

I think a more effective angle would have been shooting vertical from bottom of the rail on the ramp side. Seems like you could have gotten low and framed him in the sky while showing the stairs and run up. Either that or go horizontal from a similar angle to the second photo but maybe more up the ramp and put your camera on the ground pointing up. In any case I think the second angle shows the trick better, I don't like blunts from the opposite side.

• Like 2