Jump to content
SkatePerception

Recommended Posts

Evening, morning, afternoon (whatever applies)

I just copped a Jap VX1 and it turns on fine, but the viewfinder is really dark. I Googled a few things and I can see this maybe the viewfinder cable.

 

Is anyone on here able to confirm this for me?



Cheers all,

 

Pedro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No image would be ribbon. DARK image is typically a bad tantalum capacitor on the outside board of the viewfinder assembly. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah funny enough as you said this I started to play around with the camera and noticed the image only gets dark, when I lift up the viewfinder. If I lay it flat, the image is totally fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yup my old vx was like that. Could only use the viewfinder in the flat position. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ParkerWGB said:

yup my old vx was like that. Could only use the viewfinder in the flat position. 

That's cool. Was it a case of that when you moved it, then it would go dark and once you reset it it's fine? Mine is doing that. If that's the case, I might just leave it as it is. I don't really need to move the viewfinder about really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pedromayn said:

That's cool. Was it a case of that when you moved it, then it would go dark and once you reset it it's fine? Mine is doing that. If that's the case, I might just leave it as it is. I don't really need to move the viewfinder about really.

yea if i would just slightly move it, it would black out. And then turn it off and put it back in lowest position and then turn it back on and she was golden. Ran with that for like 2 years. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stand corrected. THAT is a ribbon symptom. I have those ribbons manufactured for me if you need one, and know someone to install it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2018 at 6:40 AM, Video Electronics said:

Stand corrected. THAT is a ribbon symptom. I have those ribbons manufactured for me if you need one, and know someone to install it.

JUST SAYING, Video Electronics are the people you want to fix your VX Cameras. My close friend Dean Kubasek has had this problem fixed along with many other problems from these homies.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers for all the help, guys - I'll just keep using it as it is for the time being and then maybe think about getting it fixed when it bugs me further (it probably will knowing me).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×