SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
JSantiago

Bump to Bar Ollie

Fuck yeah this is dope!

-edit- Just out of curiosity what lens did you use?

- edit edit-- Refresher on how to post pics from flickr? haha

On 1/20/2018 at 3:35 AM, HendrixB said:

Fuck yeah this is dope!

-edit- Just out of curiosity what lens did you use?

- edit edit-- Refresher on how to post pics from flickr? haha

I used a 50mm f/1.4. I also used one flash instead of two; in hindsight I should've used two haha

To post from Flickr you get the BBC Embed & just post 

EDIT: meant to put 50mm f/1.4

I like the pulled back frame including the hood of the cars in the bottom left. Definitely gives the landing more character in addition to how crusty the ground already looks. 

• Like 1

I hate things in the foreground so my only gripe is the car hood. Otherwise your one flash seems fine, it's unfortunate that he cast a shadow on his face but what can you do. That landing looks awful.

I think this is sick, I get the reasoning behind the one flash. My only slight criticism of this is that the tiniest bit of light on his frontside would have made this pretty special, I think the only thing you could do to remedy that without completely ruining the foreground is to have put something up on the air conditioning unit ( or whatever those brackets are holding up ).

12 hours ago, kid said:

I hate things in the foreground so my only gripe is the car hood. Otherwise your one flash seems fine, it's unfortunate that he cast a shadow on his face but what can you do. That landing looks awful.

The landing is ridiculous; I don't know what convinced him to do it but he pretty much rolled away with rocks under the wheels haha

4 hours ago, muzz said:

I think this is sick, I get the reasoning behind the one flash. My only slight criticism of this is that the tiniest bit of light on his frontside would have made this pretty special, I think the only thing you could do to remedy that without completely ruining the foreground is to have put something up on the air conditioning unit ( or whatever those brackets are holding up ).

In hindsight, I probably could've put a flash on the floor behind the palette & faced it up to get some light on his face. I think in the moment I was struggling a little to figure out where exactly to put the flashes.