SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
kslayphoto

Crook, Kickflip, Lip

I think you nailed it on all three. For the 15 maybe there is some other fresh vantage point you could get through a window or something. Other then that fisheye would be my next bet.

Solid uce, maybe whip out the 85mm 1.8 and go from across the road. The dodging/burning on the crook is a bit noticeable but not that bad. Lip is textbook

2 hours ago, TonyZ said:

Solid uce, maybe whip out the 85mm 1.8 and go from across the road. The dodging/burning on the crook is a bit noticeable but not that bad. Lip is textbook

I shot that kicky on the 85mm haha. That spot goes! Cover spot

I think I'd prefer to see a version of the crook without so much post work — I guess I'd prefer it if you embraced the sky you ended up with rather than trying to push it back with burning.

I think the two colour shots the lighting is pretty intense also, this is personal preference though. Having a less abrupt ambient flash mix can make a massive difference. 

8 hours ago, kslayphoto said:

I shot that kicky on the 85mm haha. That spot goes! Cover spot

oooh oops i thought it was like a 50 ma bad. maybe go a bit further and shoot landscape? idk, already looks super sick, i like how its just the stairs in the frame in this one but something with more environment coudl work too.

the crook is cool but you went too hard on the burning in the sky, and you clearly just brushed around the skater, like i can totally see where you just didn't hit it, learn how to make a complex selection and quick mask around him and match the sky behind the skater with the rest of the burn.

On the kickflip a little more careful metering would have gone a long way. Regarding the ambient light I'd rather have seen deeper shadows and no blown out building, that top left corner of the image is really hot and pulling a lot of attention. As far as the lighting I'm not sure how power full your lights are but backing them up would have given you a more even spread and may have kept his hat/pants/shoes from blowing out as well. Timing is great on it.

Crooks is over processed for my taste, and as OGmike said the masking (lack of) is hurting it more. Composition and timing is great though.

Lipslide is pretty rock solid but also a little blown on dudes white gear. A little flash metering would tidy that all right up.

Nice work