SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
galwayj

switch crook & 180 nosegrind

Hey all, here are 2 photo I shot a wide ago. This kinda feels like a check me out 

Asher Stringer - Switch crook

Asher Stringer1 - Switch Krook  Photo John Finucane copy.jpg

Ikbal Namani - 180 nosegrind

ikky 180 nosegrind_.jpg

I'm loving the colors on the first. I think you did well in getting the most from such a unique spot. 

the second is interesting and has a lot of potential, but there are a couple of different compositions fighting with each other here. the first is the simplicity and geometric interest that the marble ground presents. it could make a very nice composition on its own, but when the trees/homies/etc and the railing of the bridge are added, it takes from that. it also looks like a ton of dodging and burning were added in post to counteract it, but I think the real solution here is to zoom in more so that the main plaza encompasses the photo and work with the geometry.

Dodging/burning seems a little obvious on the second, and also I see what you're going for but it just seems a bit unbalanced imo. First one fuckin goes hard

Cheers for the critique. I can see what you mean with the 180 nosegrind. That spot has a lot potential for good photos. Barely ever go there though.