SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
HendrixB

Quickstream recorder

4 hours ago, HendrixB said:

Anyone know if this would stop wear and tear on the heads? 

I think it would. Since it's captured via firewire, I think it's just capturing the raw image from the sensor and not even using the heads at all.

Wow, I was wondering how long it would be until someone made one of these. Another way of going about this is attaching an external monitor that has digital recording capabilities, but I don't think it'd be a cheaper solution.

10 hours ago, doyle said:

I think it would. Since it's captured via firewire, I think it's just capturing the raw image from the sensor and not even using the heads at all.

That's pretty awesome, I wonder if anyone is running one of these? 

9 hours ago, DinnerbreadSkate said:

Wow, I was wondering how long it would be until someone made one of these. Another way of going about this is attaching an external monitor that has digital recording capabilities, but I don't think it'd be a cheaper solution.

Yeah me too, I had a friend who was going to help me try and make one but he found an old version of this, it's pretty old tec but just stayed low key I guess

another option is the datavideo dn60 which records to cf cards

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Datavideo-DN60-HDV-Solid-State-CF-Card-Video-Recorder/391693625528

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Datavideo-DN-60-DV-HDV-Digital-Video-Recorder/192386716604

they have other models which record to hard drive if youre into that

• Like 1

You could make a ghetto rig case for the side of your VX, so you can film with it plugged in. That'd be pretty cool.

On 2/11/2018 at 8:34 AM, pedromayn said:

You could make a ghetto rig case for the side of your VX, so you can film with it plugged in. That'd be pretty cool.

On 2/11/2018 at 12:49 PM, ParkerWGB said:

strange day to be a vx filmer. Never thought I would see this.

@both my thoughts exactly

• Like 1