SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
Mikon

2018 Resolutions Thread

Alright so we've been talking about what we've done since SP went off line. But it's a new year and SP is back, so what do y'all got planned for the year?

I'll start it off by saying I'm gonna make a website for my work, which I've said for the past two years. I have a design ready though, so now I just need to make the work.

Would also like to start and complete some sort of series of work, just to get me out and shooting more, since I've laid off of that a lot.

I slammed bombing a hill two days ago with my dslr in a regular backpack. Long story short, 2018 is the year I go full analogue. It's something I used to think about doing a lot, guess I don’t have a choice now. Hyped on it though!

I really want to put more effort into photography in general this year too, I've all but stopped shooting anything but skate stuff lately.

At the end of 2017 I finally put together a website with work, so the goal this year is to keep up with it. Will start updating my Tumblr with random shots as well. 

Also planning on submitting work to blogs/websites and whatnot to hopefully gain exposure. Would be cool to print some stuff, or maybe make a zine. 

Dev film again is the only goal I hope to get to. Shoot/film/edit and skate more too.

My photo goals for me this year are to

1- post more and share my work via social media, blogs, etc. I've fallen off this very badly in past years goal is to share/post something daily, which shouldn't be hard at all considering I spent a full month last year uploading everything I've shot to cloud storage so I can 1) access anywhere (especially from my phone when it's time to post) and 2) have safe offsite backup. 

2- revisit old photos and create cohesive bodies for either web gallery, book, or both. there's a lot of different subject matter i've been shooting for years and never done much with. goal is two new galleries with a theme, and stretch goal is that plus one book or local gallery showing. 

3- shoot at least 3 weddings and build/market a portfolio. ultimate goal from that is to generate at least 15% of my total 2018 income from my own photo stuff, ideally more.

• Like 1