SkatePerception
tats

Trips coming up?

Do you have any trips coming up that we can get exited for you and maybe share some experiences before and after you go? Share here so we can keep a look out on your socialmedia/print/new topic or whatever so we can get excited with ya! 

I'm headed off to Santiago, Chile in a few weeks here. Mainly spending some time with my grandparents to meet the new parts of my family (wife,brotherinlaw,daughter). I'm pretty hyped because there will be some skating to be done, soccer games to attend, and LOTS of portraits to take of the family I see 2 times a decade. 

• Like 1

i want to do a road trip this spring, thinking of driving up to the pacific northwest, any SP homies up there?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shakezoola said:

i want to do a road trip this spring, thinking of driving up to the pacific northwest, any SP homies up there?

I’m in Seattle hit me up if you’re around!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shakezoola said:

I'm out here in Vancouver, BC. I know a couple more dudes out here too.

• Like 1

word!! anyone coming through the bay area hit me up, I'm living in berkeley/north oakland 

I'm in Hawaii for my first time ever right now. Then I'm going to LA for a few days, which I do semi-frequently lately. I do my best to avoid St. Louis at all costs during the winter. Single digit temps are not my thing anymore.

Would like to take a vacation this year, didn't have one last year due to moving out and whatnot.

Not really sure where to go. Never been anywhere in the world south of Chicago, so I have no idea what tropical weather feels like. 

Still want to do a road trip to the east coast of Canada, which seems like the total opposite of tropical.

I took some pretty badass vacay's last year. Aside from skate trips to neighboring states I went on a roadtrip from Phoenix to ABQ to Denver, to SLC, to the tetons/yellowstone, up through Montana, over the border to Canada, through the rockies to Vancouver and then all the way back down the coast. I also went to Hawaii for the first time to visit some friends who are living on Oahu and that was possibly the highlight of my life so far.

Hopefully 2018 is just as good to me.

If anyone is comin through the PHX valley hit me up we can go skate or shoot guns or go do some cool shit in the desert. I love showing people around..

Went out to LA last year for work and my trip got cut short so hoping to make it out there again sometime this year.  Also finally just got my passport renewed so *possibly* going to visit a friend in Japan and if that falls through maybe Australia...

Bike touring again this summer while WWOOFing. Looking at parts of eastern Ontario before north of montreal and then out to the magdalen islands.

Did something similar last year, biked 3300 miles from Rochester to Quebec, Visited Sam Stewart in PEI and then biked out to NS and spent a few weeks with Julien. Photos are on instagram. We'll see how this summer goes, looking for more diversity in my farming experiences. 

• Like 1

K well I went to Chile. It was super rad, but I realized now that I have a kid, its harder to find time to just go out and explore and get a feel of the city your in. We went to a bunch of epic places, and every time I wondered why there are no skaters there. So many citys are cool with skateboarding/amazing spots (sometimes pretty crusty). Went to a couple skateparks that were not that fun. Santiago street is so sick tho. I'd love to take some people around one day and film and skate. 

Also, if your traveling to Chile, They don't let you have a skateboard in the airport past security. That was such a mess, just like Korea(flying in or out). So just bring a board and trucks, but don't have a set up with you when your in the airport (on the way out). 

Me and the B O I S are in Barca for the 14th - 21st April.

Nothing big planned, but it'd be nice for some peeps to come along if you fancy a bit of sglefrfyrddio (or filming said sglefrfyrddio). Oh and some laaargs.

17 hours ago, tats said:

K well I went to Chile. It was super rad, but I realized now that I have a kid, its harder to find time to just go out and explore and get a feel of the city your in. We went to a bunch of epic places, and every time I wondered why there are no skaters there. So many citys are cool with skateboarding/amazing spots (sometimes pretty crusty). Went to a couple skateparks that were not that fun. Santiago street is so sick tho. I'd love to take some people around one day and film and skate. 

Also, if your traveling to Chile, They don't let you have a skateboard in the airport past security. That was such a mess, just like Korea(flying in or out). So just bring a board and trucks, but don't have a set up with you when your in the airport (on the way out). 

I found this with Cyprus and got annoyed when I found out they had a plaza spot (not a bust) within the centre of the capital, after I got back from my 2 weeks stay. But my whole time there I found a similar thing; loads of spots about with the perfect materials and I think at the time I think there was only 2-3 parks on the whole island and as well as that, no one was about that much during my stay.

I think that was more to do with the fact the summers are blisteringly hot in the day, hence why it was dead. I did see most people skate in the evenings in Larnaca, which even the locals say is a must even when they're used to the weather themselves. 

Tour ideas for Chile I guess? 

On 3/9/2018 at 2:31 AM, tats said:

Whoa man, congrats on the kiddo!!!! Chile sounds amazing minus the whole skateboard airport fiasco.

I'm on the last 2 weeks of an 8 month backpacking trip through SE Asia shooting only film for some stupid reason. After this trip I'm moving to the East Coast of Canada; Halifax peeps what up.

On 3/25/2018 at 7:39 AM, Fruitboot said:

I'm on the last 2 weeks of an 8 month backpacking trip through SE Asia shooting only film for some stupid reason. After this trip I'm moving to the East Coast of Canada; Halifax peeps what up.

Dude, I hope you make a book when all said and done. I'm so pumped to see your stuff when you get back!

i am near Pueblo, CO right now and i don;t know where i want to go once i get my income tax return.  that is in like a week

i think im going back to LA and have a little southwest vacation because i love it so much there

if people want to skateboard then let me know,  hopefully i'll skate with Ethan Roads again, maybe other Phoenix people

also west LA ppl hmu.  i mostly skate Stoner and the courthouse

• Like 1

On 3/27/2018 at 12:34 PM, tats said:

Dude, I hope you make a book when all said and done. I'm so pumped to see your stuff when you get back!

Thanks dude, book may become a thing if it seems I have any sort of overarching theme. It'll probably take me until winter to get everything deved/scanned/edited.

Think I'm going to Cuba in the fall. Anyone ever been? I've never been south of South Korea in my life, so I know nothing to actual heat and beaches.

I might be going to Alaska at the end of September.  Anyone have any advice? I'm thinking about shooting a doc about it.

hikin into the grand canyon to work for a week collecting fish data with the state wildlife dept. meeting them on the river then taking it down.

my friends letting me bring his minolta weathermatic point and shoot. Anyone have any experience using these? hopefully it doesnt miss the focus as often as my epic does