SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
mothafizzy

To bring it back

Wish SP coming back after this long I would have more to share; shooting skating here in Jax has been difficult from getting people to want to skate not the new park or ever hit me up if someone is out filming anymore. And whenever I travel its for my own photography outside of skating.

Hopefully can manage more this year since this is back though. :wub:

1st - Paul Hart - Ollie to Fakie - Jacksonville, FL   Shot on our portable miniramp we took out onto the beach a couple years back. Fun sesh that was. 

2nd - Taylor Greenspan - Front Smith - Atlanta, GA   Shot for the filming of Ryan Kings' (the filmer) video "Welcome to Wahzzieville" awhile back. One of the best times filming for that video too. 

paul-ollie-beach-insta_34284254445_o.thumb.jpg.92057e034a6f161cc0b2bf501c15b96f.jpg4-8-bw015.thumb.jpg.a9e225c2def2ad7e8c6111eb39e6801b.jpg

• Like 2

I love the first one! I love the timing. Any reason the lighter fluid and wood are still in the frame? Also is the horizon even/tilted?

The curse of the all black skater clothes. I think the framing is great with both, but what I really like about the second one is the skew. IMO It's kinda hard to see the board and feels like the there is a little "lost". I'm sure there were a ton of constraints in this shot, just kinda wish there was a bit more detail.

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:09 PM, tats said:

I love the first one! I love the timing. Any reason the lighter fluid and wood are still in the frame? Also is the horizon even/tilted?

The curse of the all black skater clothes. I think the framing is great with both, but what I really like about the second one is the skew. IMO It's kinda hard to see the board and feels like the there is a little "lost". I'm sure there were a ton of constraints in this shot, just kinda wish there was a bit more detail.

Thanks !

the 1st one still has that in the frame simply because that is just how the scene was; we drove our ramp out onto the beach, set it up and made a fire and just skated and had some beers all evening. Dope time, but I didn't want both moving stuff since that's just how the night was. I did battle with the horizon on these, the ground where the ramp is was off a lot, if I shot simply off the horizon the ramp was super crooked so just took it too a happy medium I felt of both.

On the 2nd, yeah I wish there was some more I could have gotten out, was still shooting a roll of Tri-X at 1600iso so contrast on the negative is super dense; but the scan definitely feels more contrasted the darkroom prints I did yielded a little more, should have scanned the print.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ziggys91 said:

Love the second one, first seems a little too staged

I guess it could seem that way, but in the sense aren't all skate photos staged really? The scene was just a beach that we went and set up a ramp and built a fire at sun down, feel like not including all of the elements there would be missing the potential of it. I didn't remove the firewood and lighter fluid as someone else asked just because it was there, I've never been into moving and altering much in an area just working with it. Thanks :)