SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
kevin_horn

Anomaly Issue 1

I recently started a quarterly skate mag. Here are 3 photos from the first issue.

jamieredbacktail.jpg?format=2500w

maxolliebump.jpg?format=2500w

janswitchcrookfish.jpg?format=2500w

• Like 2

The first one is so interesting. Love how stylised it is, but to what extent was it planned? Even the red car with canoe in front of the lighter patch of painting? The red cup on the floor? Super nice.

Lighting is nice but could you have lowered ambient half a stop maybe or got more from the flash? I suppose you could increase shutter speed past sync as the flash is only illuminating the centre third of the photo.

5 hours ago, TrickyDicky said:

The first one is so interesting. Love how stylised it is, but to what extent was it planned? Even the red car with canoe in front of the lighter patch of painting? The red cup on the floor? Super nice.

Lighting is nice but could you have lowered ambient half a stop maybe or got more from the flash? I suppose you could increase shutter speed past sync as the flash is only illuminating the centre third of the photo.

Thanks. Everything was planned. It's a bit of an homage to Spike Jonze's color series he did for Big Brother way back. I don't really care if people think it's real or not, kinda doesn't matter. The cup and shopping cart are the only thing that were there when we showed up. 

Lighting this one was tough. I only had 3 Vivitar 285hv's here. Ambient was strong and I was maxed out at my camera's sync speed. 

• Like 1