SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
pedromayn

VX1/Cap cam glitching

Right,

So I recorded some stuff on my NTSC VX1 and placed the tape in the cap cam I got from the US of A. When I go to playback it comes up with horizontal purple, pixelated lines with the footage playing behind it. I put a head cleaner in both cams and still no joy. Now, the tape I did try originally had a small recording on a PAL cam and I thought this could have potentially marred the rest of the tape as one mate suggested. I tried a brand new tape and it repeated the same problem. I am going to try the VX on recording a full tape to see if could work out the glitch bug. However, does anyone know what this could be down to? Could it be the heads need re-aligning? 

Any help appreciated.

Ciao for now. 

Maybe the capture cam is pal? If you film with an ntsc and u have pal footy it wont read it.

Or try getting a new firewire. Trying capturing it directly from the vx just one time

55 minutes ago, twinskates said:

Maybe the capture cam is pal? If you film with an ntsc and u have pal footy it wont read it.

Or try getting a new firewire. Trying capturing it directly from the vx just one time

The cap cam is a NTSC one.  One of my friends suggested playing a blank on the cap cam to remove some of the dust with the static of the new tape. 

I sussed it's definitely not the VX1 thank god. However, has anyone ever had this problem with their cap cams? Someone said they had the same when they had a Jap VX1.

Nevermind - turns out the heads on the cap cam must have been filthy to the point where it needed an hour's worth of recording, and rewinding to get rid of it.

14 hours ago, pedromayn said:

Nevermind - turns out the heads on the cap cam must have been filthy to the point where it needed an hour's worth of recording, and rewinding to get rid of it.

Yea I was going to say that looks pretty buck. Dirty as hell!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ParkerWGB said:

Yea I was going to say that looks pretty buck. Dirty as hell!

Well...I thought I got rid of it, now the footage is showing but I get random 'blips' in the video and audio its self. It's all over the place. Can this be the heads possibly not being aligned? I record on the cap cam and it's fine, but anything from the vx is fucked. Although a few times I popped the tape in from the VX, it has played fine (like it did last night).

I'm so confused haha. 

You have access to another cap cam to test with? Also, every time you run a tape in the cap cam and slide it back to the VX, you're risking cross contamination. I'm sure you know this, but should be said for the benefit of readers who may not.

5 hours ago, Video Electronics said:

You have access to another cap cam to test with? Also, every time you run a tape in the cap cam and slide it back to the VX, you're risking cross contamination. I'm sure you know this, but should be said for the benefit of readers who may not.

Yeah I will do in a few days. I have gotten it working after several tries, seems as if the heads are either extremely worn and on their way out or were very gunked up. Yeah I make sure to not do that at all. All seems gravy for the time being, though.