SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
JonPlarr

Slow mo in Premiere

I'm just switching over to Premiere and I'm wondering if I'm editing slow mo, and I have a sufficient amount of frames (footage is 120fps). What method of time interpolation should I have checked.  A lot of people say to use optical flow but I have enough frames as it is

Why would you want interpolation ?

If you shoot at 120fps you can reduce speed at 50% without interpolate frames.

Just keep it at Frame Sampling. Optical Flow can sometimes work if you're slowmoing 30fps or something, but can get glitchy and gross looking too.

• Like 2

whenever I slowmo a clip (the whole clip not a ramped slow mo) i right click the clip in the project section, modify, interpret footage, and then click assume this frame rate and change it to to 23.976 fps. if you want less slow but smoother than use 29.97 (if your timeline is 30p). for vx footage i will usually just change the speed/duration to 40% and keep it on frame sampling.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, phineas said:

Why would you want interpolation ?

If you shoot at 120fps you can reduce speed at 50% without interpolate frames.

I don't but when you change speed in premiere you have to pick a method of time interpolation.  I'm assuming it wouldn't kick in if their wasn't a lack of frames but I'm not sure.  I'm slowing 120 fps clips in a 24p timeline so there is sufficient frames to take it all the way down to 20%

On 2/5/2018 at 4:34 PM, JonPlarr said:

I don't but when you change speed in premiere you have to pick a method of time interpolation.  I'm assuming it wouldn't kick in if their wasn't a lack of frames but I'm not sure.  I'm slowing 120 fps clips in a 24p timeline so there is sufficient frames to take it all the way down to 20%

id say use frame sampling if your not planning on slowing it more than the frames needed if that makes sense. if you're editing in 24 then you should be able to slow ur 120fps footage to 25% without needing to use any other interpolation option. :D

• Like 2

On 2/13/2018 at 3:13 AM, Steak said:

id say use frame sampling if your not planning on slowing it more than the frames needed if that makes sense. if you're editing in 24 then you should be able to slow ur 120fps footage to 25% without needing to use any other interpolation option. :D

Yeah that makes sense. Thanks.  Sickhead was a super sick by the way loved it

• Like 1